• Radeon
  • DVI
  • Monitors
  • HD
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Displays
March 5, 2012 12:07:37 AM

After months of saving, I have finally purchased a 2 other monitors to complete my collection. My specs are as follows:

Intel Core 2 Quad
6GB DDR2
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 w/ 2 DVI's, HDMI and a DisplayPort.

I now have 2 Samsung 23" SyncMaster 2333SW's (both have a DVI and a VGA connection), and my main monitor is a HANNSPREE HF259H (Only has HDMI and D Sub which i find odd...).

I have both of the samsungs running on DVI and i planned to have the HANNSPREE run off of a displayport to dvi adapter because I just assumed the Hannspree would have a DVI, but it doesnt. So now that I already have this adapter, I thought Id just have the hannspree run off the HDMI port, and use the adapter to run DVI for the other samsungs.

All 3 monitors support 1920x1080, full HD. however, the D Sub on the hannspree wouldnt register a signal with a DVI to VGA, no matter my settings. and I know this monitor works at full HD because it played flawlessly with my PS3. But when I switch from PS3 -> Hannspree to PC -> Hannspree, the display shrinks by about an inch on top and bottom of the screen.

So my question is:
Monitor issue? Driver issue? Recommended solution? I can run eyefinity without fail between my samsungs+dvi's alone, but the current hannspree setup is a fail.

More about : sapphire radeon 5770 eyefinity

March 5, 2012 1:18:24 AM

I'm a tad confused. If your Radeon has two DVI's and a HDMI with the two Samsungs running on the DVI, why not put the Hannspree on the HDMI?
m
l
March 5, 2012 3:29:49 AM

i tried that :/  the display comes out shrunk from the sides of the screen, no matter my settings. maybe ill post some pictures...

and in order to use Eyefinity, i have to utilize the Displayport for atleast one of the displays.
m
l