Built pc, no signal

JasonMPA

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I just built a pc for the first time. I hooked it up to my monitor, and the monitor says "no signal".

It is an HDMI monitor. I plugged it into the HDMI plug on the video card. The motherboard has no HDMI plug.

I went through the sticked list of things that may be wrong, but nothing helped.

The power is on, the case fans and cpu fan and video card fan are working, and I can make the DVD drive eject.

There are no beeps when it starts - however, there is no case speaker, and I don't know if the mobo has a speaker.

I'd rather not take the whole thing apart again. I have huge hands, and it was a 6 hour ordeal just getting everything screwed in and connected.

This is my build

Intel Core i5 Processor i5-2310 2.9GHz 6MB LGA1155 CPU

Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D3V Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel N/A Micro ATX DDR3 1333 Intel LGA 1155 Motherboard

Kingston Technology HyperX Blu 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM KHX1333C9D3B1
Shipped

Asus 24xDVD-RW Serial ATA Internal OEM Drive DRW-24B1ST (Black)

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive -

HIS Radeon HD 6870 1 GB (256bit) GDDR5 DisplayPort HDMI 2x DVI (HDCP) PCI Express X16 2.1 Video Card

Corsair Builder Series CX V2 500-Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms

NZXT Technologies Source 210 Computer Case (Black) NZXT Technologies Source 210 Computer Case (Black)

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
Check to see if your mobo came with a small speaker, it will look like the ends of the cables that your case had with a small hockey puck shaped nob connected to two short (1cm) cables. If you have one of these then plug it in to listen for a beep code. If you didn't get one check for one in an old PC or a friend's PC to borrow, or buy one from a local PC store ($5).