Question about APU

JBADS

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
I was wondering, i recently purchased a llano A6 black edition, along with a graphics card that specifically had "black vision" advertised on it. I figured if I wanted to be able to boost my gpu total by combining the graphics card and the llano A6. It works, but what I was wondering was if I could get a different card in the radeon HD 6000 series and still boost my gpu a bit, or do you actually have to have specific graphic cards that work with it? I will be honest this whole thing AMD has going is is kind of cool but also confusing to me.

Solution

does it say anywhere that it supports 'amd dual graphics' or any mention of being able to crossfire with amd apu?
afaik, 'amd vision' is what amd calls its whole ecosystem of cpu, apu, gfx cards etc.
6770 cannot crossfire with the apu because
only the aforementioned 3 gfx cards can crossfire with the apu.
amd doesn't allow it.
lastly, the 6770 gpu is too powerful to cfx with the apu. theoretically, it'd result in performance loss instead.
if you've bought a 6770 then you...

does it say anywhere that it supports 'amd dual graphics' or any mention of being able to crossfire with amd apu?
afaik, 'amd vision' is what amd calls its whole ecosystem of cpu, apu, gfx cards etc.
6770 cannot crossfire with the apu because
only the aforementioned 3 gfx cards can crossfire with the apu.
amd doesn't allow it.
lastly, the 6770 gpu is too powerful to cfx with the apu. theoretically, it'd result in performance loss instead.
if you've bought a 6770 then you should be fine using it as a single gfx card. it's a good entry level gfx card.

Solution

JBADS

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012

Yeah I just got the card, I am enjoying it. Already looking at what I want to buy next once I get my tax money haha.