Copy / paste stopped working

How are you trying to cut and paste? Are you trying to right-click on something and select "copy" from the context menu? Are you highlighting some text and trying to use Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard? Or perhaps some other method?

And what program are you trying to do this in? Windows Explorer? Word? Internet Explorer?

debbie59

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2012

I am hilighting and clicking on copy, email addresses from a spreadsheet and put them in an e mail to send (emails are verizon and gmail). I am highlighting info from microsoft word or the internet and paste them in the body of an e mail. When I highlight and copy e mail addresses from a spreadsheet, i am able to paste them to a word document. But then ill highlight them from word and can't paste to my email : (

I was able to do it last week and it suddenly stopped. My son showed me control - V which will let me paste them. Im confused why all of a sudden I am unable to do it.

I hope you know why and thanks ! Debbie

I'm guessing that you're using web-based e-mail (i.e., e-mail that you access using your web browser). If you can paste the text into other programs then the problem probably lies in the e-mail web page. Unfortunately since those pages are generated by a remote computer system they can change from one day to the next and that might explain why you're suddenly having the problem.

But I don't use those e-mail providers, so unfortunately I can't really offer much more than that sort of speculation...