Sign in with
Your question

Corsair M60 Vengeance USB 3.0 Mouse

Last response: in Components
August 24, 2012 5:21:54 PM

Hello!
im looking at buying this mouse but unfortunately i have USB 2.0 not USB 3.0..
it says on Titan Ice Computers: "Please note: It is NOT recommended to connect this mouse to a USB 2.0 (or USB 1.1) port." http://titan-ice.co.za/product_info.php?products_id=600...
I am planning on upgrading my motherboard soon but i want to know if the mouse would still work but just not "as fast" as it would if i had USB 3.0?
what i mean is, would it still perform to the max ability of the USB 2.0? im using a pretty low budget logitec mouse and dont have any problem with the speed ect, so i wouldnt mind if it would even be the same speed as my current one..
Ive looked on the Corsair manufacturers site and cant find anything on it, other than it requires a USB port... thats it
Any and all advice will be grateful
Thanks

P.S im from south africa so the link which is to Titan Ice Computers Online Store is in Rands
August 24, 2012 5:51:22 PM

it's a marketing gimmick

the mouse will work just fine in a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port with no difference
m
l
August 24, 2012 5:58:15 PM

how sure are you? 100% or just a guess? not being rude just need to know)
thanks

m
l
Related resources
August 24, 2012 7:45:33 PM

ct1615 said:
100%
corsair never even mentions USB 3.0 in the M60 description and its requirements is

PC with USB port

http://www.corsair.com/vengeance-m60-performance-fps-la...

yea i saw that too but still wasnt 100%
thanks for the input.. so im going to buy this mouse and come back and blame you if it doesnt work.. lol :p 
m
l
August 24, 2012 7:54:50 PM

ok but i think you will be too busy enjoying it. it's a good mouse.

FYI, my logitech laser mouse is on a normal USB cable and runs at 5700 dpi also with all the same software, buttons, etc.
m
l
August 24, 2012 8:04:27 PM

ct1615 said:
ok but i think you will be too busy enjoying it. it's a good mouse.

FYI, my logitech laser mouse is on a normal USB cable and runs at 5700 dpi also with all the same software, buttons, etc.

thats what got me too.. there are much better mice out there that run perfectly fine on a USB 2.0 so i dont know what the story is with that.. ive never heard of this before..
Thanks for confirming bud.. ill get back to this thread once ive got it and let you know
m
l
November 14, 2012 4:23:35 PM

WrekCreation said:
thats what got me too.. there are much better mice out there that run perfectly fine on a USB 2.0 so i dont know what the story is with that.. ive never heard of this before..
Thanks for confirming bud.. ill get back to this thread once ive got it and let you know

@WrekCreation Im also from SA and looking at buying the M60. What is your impression of the mouse?
m
l
January 7, 2013 8:05:35 PM

castiel_za said:
@WrekCreation Im also from SA and looking at buying the M60. What is your impression of the mouse?

Hay man, probably too late for a helpful reply but hay...
I love the m60 and recommend it to anyone. very smooth for gaming.. trust me ;) 
m
l
January 7, 2013 8:45:30 PM

WrekCreation said:
Hay man, probably too late for a helpful reply but hay...
I love the m60 and recommend it to anyone. very smooth for gaming.. trust me ;) 

Haha i actually ordered one last week.. Should get it this week sometime. Really keen to get it finally! haha
m
l
!