XFX Graphics Cards Good/Bad??

Yadhu

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
I have a radeon XFX hd 5770 850m
recently when i play games on my PC the whole monitor turns black :( (its off)
But PC still running i can hear game sounds
i have heard rumors that it is the problem of XFX graphics card
Is this true ?? :ouch:
What should i do to solve this problem ??

My PSU is a generic one rated 500w :sleep:
can i confirm 100% that it is my PSU's problem
When i press the reset button i can hear my GPU's Fan running at 100%(I think so.but i know its high by hearing the sound) and the monitor remains black :fou: (OFF)

ice445

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
It's your power supply. Complete shut off is almost always a defective PSU. It could also be temps, but the 5770 is a very low power card so I doubt it. Make sure the inside of your PC is dust free.

Yadhu

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011

Its not a complete shutdown just the monitor

mubin

Distinguished
XFX graphic are good. Actually one of the best card. They give lifetime warranty.

I am thinking about your psu. For psu, get a good brand. Watt is not a factor for psu, but brand is the main factor. Good brand with low watt is better than generic brand with higher watt.

Is your pc is hang during gameplay? How can you sure that game is running fine only with sound? If game is running fine then press Ctrl+Alt+Del and close the game. And try updating video driver.

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Does you monitor come back to life once you've pressed ctrl+alt+del and end the game with task manager? Does it only do this with games? If so it's pretty certain it's your PSU.

Yadhu

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011

it does not come back to life at all until i press the reset turn thr pc off for a few minutes
amd rhen start it again

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
OK so am I right in thinking you can use your PC for hours browsing the net and reading PD'f etc and you have no problem. Upon loading a game it plays up? Are you on the latest gpu driver? If all the above is true my money is on the PSU.

pure_drivel

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
As far as I can tell almost every manufacturer has a problem with a certain product line from time to time. Hell, look at OCZ, one of the most trusted brands in SSDs, and then they had a huge batch of new drives that all had manufacturers defects. *** happens.

That being said, there are definitely brands that offer superior products - usually you can tell by how long the warranty is on their stuff. Go for the product with a lifetime warranty, or at least longer than their competition. You'll be glad you did.

For my piece, I've had great success with MSI products.

Yadhu

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011

yes that is the problem
i can use the net and any generic purpose
but upon gaming monitor goes off
I am on the latest driver 12.1

mubin

Distinguished

Its your gfx card then. Get it RMA and also get a good psu brand like corsair, antec, seasonic, xfx etc, if you can. 400-450w of these brand will do the work fine.

mubin

Distinguished

Its not xfx's fault. They are good brand. I used xfx card. But i got the similar problem with sapphire card. PC hang when gaming. :)

I just RMA it and problem solved.