GTA:SA newbie '' respect'' question

Hey all y'all-
How do you accumulate repsect? I've only finished the first dozen missions,
but I get a "respect+" and a ''cash +$500'' at the end of each; but I can't
see any on the stats meter. Will I get a number value after the word
"respect+_" if I do certain things better?
Thanks
More about newbie respect question

    Todd wrote:
    > Hey all y'all-
    > How do you accumulate repsect? I've only finished
    > the first dozen missions, but I get a "respect+"
    > and a ''cash +$500'' at the end of each; but I
    > can't see any on the stats meter. Will I get a
    > number value after the word "respect+_" if I
    > do certain things better?

    I think that you just get a fixed amount of respect for finishing the
    mission. You can also get respect for taking down rival gang members or
    (later) taking over their territories.

    It does accumulate slowly, so you might not see some on your meter right
    after first. There are *a lot* of missions, so don't sweat it.

Console Gaming Games Video Xbox Video Games