Need help choosing a gcard and where to buy it from

abhijit009

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Hello every one,
first of all thanks for taking the time to read this and help me out am planning to buy a new gcard, i live in india and my budget is of 10k approx 200 USD + -
these r my computer specs

DG41Rqi intel mother board
dnhmau2gc8fer1-a7-c 2gb pc2 - 6400u- 555 RAM----- 2 GB
INTEL core 2 duo E7500 2.93 Ghz 3mb cache
450 watt intex power supply
samsung 320GB 7200Rpm

i short listed XFX 6770, XFX6790, XFX 6870 as the cards ide liek to buy the problem is XFX cards r hard to buy in india and if avalible r very costy so i wanted to buy one from US an get it here

what i wanted to know is
1) r products bought in US and used in india get warranty cover.
2) i was thinking to buy XFX 6870 from tigerdirect and use servises like shipito to get it to india they do it for resonable price
3) are Gcards allowed onboard a airplane if that is the case ill be more inclined to buy a more powerfull Gcard as i might be moving to US in the next 6 months or so.

eagerly waiting for a response.....:)

Thank You
Abhijit...

Solution

If...

Yadhu

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
Your CPU will be a bottleneck for the GPU's listed above :(
Your RAM is low Only 2 GB :(

Buying a High GPU with a Low CPU wont be so good..CPU's perfomance matters too.
You will find disappointing results epically in sandbox games(GTA 4,Just cause 2 etc).
Even if you want 2 change your CPU.
You cant just change your CPU :pfff: ,To change it you must get your motherboard changed,Ram and your PSU(power supply).
The Radeon Hd 6870 has a max TDP of 151w (its quite power hungry) which means you should get a new PSU too.

So the most Honorable choice would be to get a Radeon HD 6670 GDDR5 + a 2GB of ram :hello: .

So don't waste money
Surely you you will be able to play new games with low detail.

if you plan to upgrade all of your system then go with the Radeon HD 6870.

Hope this helped.
ciao ;)

abhijit009

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
thanks fr ur advice ...:)
i know my current config suckz.....:(...

yep i plan to upgrade my PC from the ground up... but that will take time and not right now.. and ill be getting a PSU cooler master or crossire 600w

but what i wanted to know is mainly abt these
1) r products bought in US and used in india get warranty cover from the manufacturer .
2) i was thinking to buy XFX 6870 from tigerdirect and use servises like shipito to get it to india they do it for resonable price, should i do that.
3) are Gcards allowed onboard a airplane if that is the case ill be more inclined to buy a more powerfull Gcard as i might be moving to US in the next 6 months or so.

clearing these points will greatly help me in deciding ....:)

Yadhu

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011

If you buy from USA you would get it for a low cost for sure
Details of warranty would be provided by the dealer
Ask the dealer if it has international warranty if so you can buy it other wise leave it

Buying from tigerdirect wont be a good idea consider flipcart,ebay.
Your 3rd question is silly :lol:
As long as you are not carrying a bomb no one will arrest you
just don't keep it in your briefcase(or whatever u have in your hand at the time of flight)
Pack it with your luggage

So hope this helped
ciao ;)

Solution

abhijit009

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
@ yadhu just making sure ...:D..... like Rockdpm said we dont want another harold and kumar movie now do we...:D

ok guys i have made up my mind just found out 6950 can be moded to 6970 it should be future proof and some one is comming from US so am getting a Gcard from there.....

can n u suggest me which models can be overclocked .... because after the initial release the second batch of 6950 cards have been laser cut to prevent the mod .....i personally prefer the XFX model HD-695A-CNFC it seems can be over clocked but is proving hard to find online can u guys suggest where i might find it or any 6950 card which is safe to mod....:)

also if i choose to get a 6870 which US based site should i prefer because yadhu said tigherdirect should be avoided...

Thanks fr ur help guys....:)

Yadhu

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011

Okay
check this video and see for youself(all 6950's can be modded)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcvhWciFhsw&feature=related

abhijit009

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

naa thye come with reserve bios switch i.e if u some how mess up ur BIOS u have a backup to use ur card

the one i was talking abt were those 6950 cards which can be unlocked to be 6970 .......... ;) and it looks like asus 6950's are the only ones on which this BIOS flash MOD is possible ...

thanks fr all the help guys...:)...

illbe getting a 6950 asus dcuii .....i know way too much for my system....:D.....

if thats not going to happen ill get a 6770 sapphire and be at peace with it.....:D

TRENDING THREADS