Ghost Recon 2 Live Problem

Just got a copy of Ghost Recon 2. It won't let me sign onto live. Whenever I
try it says I need an update. So i try to downoad this update and a third of
the way through it freezes!!!!

Andi
4 answers Last reply
More about ghost recon live problem

    Go to the dash board and erase the GR2 files (x-fer your save game to a
    mem card). Put the game back in after a reboot and retry the the
    update download. Sometimes it's not a freeze, just a moment where the
    info pipeline gets clogged too. Hope it works!

    --
    Ace Frehley

    Thanks. I'll try that but think it might be the game now as it won't let me
    save the game. When i go save the game it tells me its been saved and takes
    me back to the pause menu but when I try to get off the pause menu and back
    to the game it freezes like it does when the download fails, sounds like its
    just ticking over doing nothing. So I turn it off turn it on again get to
    the options screen try to load my saved game and each time now it says saved
    game is dammaged

    Hmmmmmmm

    Andi

    Andi wrote:
    > Thanks. I'll try that but think it might be the game now as it won't
    > let me save the game. When i go save the game it tells me its been
    > saved and takes me back to the pause menu but when I try to get off
    > the pause menu and back to the game it freezes like it does when the
    > download fails, sounds like its just ticking over doing nothing. So I
    > turn it off turn it on again get to the options screen try to load my
    > saved game and each time now it says saved game is dammaged
    >
    > Hmmmmmmm
    >
    > Andi
    >
    > "Ace Frehley" <Ace.Frehley.1rr2jz@no-mx.Usenet-gateway> wrote in
    > message news:1120656395.4c76ee3e813155846a9b3caf55f98c37@teranews...
    >>
    >> Go to the dash board and erase the GR2 files (x-fer your save game
    >> to a mem card). Put the game back in after a reboot and retry the
    >> the update download. Sometimes it's not a freeze, just a moment
    >> where the info pipeline gets clogged too. Hope it works!
    >>

    >> --
    >> Ace Frehley

    You Live connection (your broadband connection, actually) might be the
    problem. I've had to do Live updates on my broadband connection on
    various titles for friends on a local "second-tier" cable ISP that get
    the same type of file corruption when updating from Live. Their cable
    company is aware of the problems and say they are trying to fix the
    connection issues.

    Like Ace wrote, the corrupton might well be from Live congestion, but
    your connection might also be the cause.

    Think it might be the connection now. The game kept freezing all the time so
    I couldn't even play the single player campain. I took out the cable
    connecting my xbox to the modem and then turned on the xbox. Started playing
    the game and got 3 levels in with no problems and saved several times with
    no problems.

    Even if I don't try to sign in just having the cables connected effects the
    game as it automatically tries to sign in when the game starts. Thus making
    me think live is the problem. I'm with blueyonder so yo uthink this might be
    the problem? I have played this game on live before as I bought it when it
    first came out but then sold it a few weeks later. I bought this one 2 days
    ago and I can't even get onto Live as I need the update to get on. What
    should I do?

    Cheers for your help

    Andi

    > Andi wrote:
    >> Thanks. I'll try that but think it might be the game now as it won't
    >> let me save the game. When i go save the game it tells me its been
    >> saved and takes me back to the pause menu but when I try to get off
    >> the pause menu and back to the game it freezes like it does when the
    >> download fails, sounds like its just ticking over doing nothing. So I
    >> turn it off turn it on again get to the options screen try to load my
    >> saved game and each time now it says saved game is dammaged
    >>
    >> Hmmmmmmm
    >>
    >> Andi
    >>
    >> "Ace Frehley" <Ace.Frehley.1rr2jz@no-mx.Usenet-gateway> wrote in
    >> message news:1120656395.4c76ee3e813155846a9b3caf55f98c37@teranews...
    >>>
    >>> Go to the dash board and erase the GR2 files (x-fer your save game
    >>> to a mem card). Put the game back in after a reboot and retry the
    >>> the update download. Sometimes it's not a freeze, just a moment
    >>> where the info pipeline gets clogged too. Hope it works!
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Ace Frehley
    >
    > You Live connection (your broadband connection, actually) might be the
    > problem. I've had to do Live updates on my broadband connection on
    > various titles for friends on a local "second-tier" cable ISP that get the
    > same type of file corruption when updating from Live. Their cable company
    > is aware of the problems and say they are trying to fix the connection
    > issues.
    >
    > Like Ace wrote, the corrupton might well be from Live congestion, but your
    > connection might also be the cause.

Console Gaming Games Video Xbox Video Games