Icons and no labels

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Hi,

I have a computer with which everytime that I open a mapped drive all I can see
is the icons but there is no labels, and the only way that I found to restore
the labels is to reset all the folders settings, which means that I have to redo
all the settings everytime for all folders

How can I make the labels re-appear without having to redo the entire settings
everytime that I need that drive (which is quite often).

BTW. don't tell me to do a repair on the system, because I can not do it, all I
have is a a set of restore disk (notebook)

--
Thank you in Advance

Merci a l'Avance

Martin

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Hi Martin,

Try: Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shell32

--
All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP