Icons and no labels

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Hi,

I have a computer with which everytime that I open a mapped drive all I can see
is the icons but there is no labels, and the only way that I found to restore
the labels is to reset all the folders settings, which means that I have to redo
all the settings everytime for all folders

How can I make the labels re-appear without having to redo the entire settings
everytime that I need that drive (which is quite often).

BTW. don't tell me to do a repair on the system, because I can not do it, all I
have is a a set of restore disk (notebook)

--
Thank you in Advance

Merci a l'Avance

Martin
1 answer Last reply
More about icons labels
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

    Hi Martin,

    Try: Start/Run and type in: regsvr32 /i shell32

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Martin Racette" <rat7_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a computer with which everytime that I open a mapped drive all I
    > can see is the icons but there is no labels, and the only way that I found
    > to restore the labels is to reset all the folders settings, which means
    > that I have to redo all the settings everytime for all folders
    >
    > How can I make the labels re-appear without having to redo the entire
    > settings everytime that I need that drive (which is quite often).
    >
    > BTW. don't tell me to do a repair on the system, because I can not do it,
    > all I have is a a set of restore disk (notebook)
    >
    > --
    > Thank you in Advance
    >
    > Merci a l'Avance
    >
    > Martin

Configuration Microsoft Customization Icons Windows XP