August 24, 2012 6:22:24 PM

my specs:
intel 2500k stock cooler is used
gigabyte 670 windforce 3x
zalman z9 not the plus one
I will make a very very tiny OCing
PLZ make in consideration that I live in dusty and hot environment

I got 2 problems
1-I will use only 1 additional fan 40 cfm in addition to the front and rear fans that came with the case.I am confused where to place it?

2-I got antec 750 HCG psu with fan on top and the case psu mounting part is grill with no filters it will catch dust like a hoover and afraid of inapropriate cooling (very narrow opening) if inverted the psu to make fans face downwards.I need help with PSU positioning fans up or down?

any help would be appreciated thanks!!!

More about : zalman case

a c 164 ) Power supply
August 24, 2012 7:04:50 PM

1 - i would place the extra fan in the top (exhaust) position

2- since the case has no filter for the PSU, i would personally install the PSU fan face up and use a 140mm aftermarket filter for the HCG's 135mm fan. ive run PSU in the bottom position both fan face up and down and found no difference in temps. dust on the other hand is different story and its well worth it to keep your PSU dust free.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
August 24, 2012 8:46:43 PM

ct1615 said:
1 - i would place the extra fan in the top (exhaust) position

2- since the case has no filter for the PSU, i would personally install the PSU fan face up and use a 140mm aftermarket filter for the HCG's 135mm fan. ive run PSU in the bottom position both fan face up and down and found no difference in temps. dust on the other hand is different story and its well worth it to keep your PSU dust free.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

thnx for u reply so the fan it would be in top as exhaust but there are two options for top slots either near the rear or front? also I think If I made PSU fan upwards it will destroy airflow and coz a turbulent flow I am leaning more towards putting the PSU fan facing downward and it would on top of desk raised by a book under it what do u think is this a good idea?
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 164 ) Power supply
August 25, 2012 9:11:50 PM

1- the top fan should be in the closer position to the rear, right above the CPU

2- having a PSU with the fan up will not "destroy" airflow. for years the antec 300, 600, 900, and 1200 cases had some of the best airflow around and all had the PSU with the fan face up.

3. i would not place a PC case on a book, you are asking for instability.
August 25, 2012 11:53:52 PM

Best answer selected by machmach_3.
m
l
July 6, 2014 12:13:05 PM

i have the same case with a xfx core 650 watt. and i think it overheats because the fan makes a lot of noise and i have faced the psu fan downwards. i think im going to flip it upwards.
m
l
a c 164 ) Power supply
July 23, 2014 2:09:50 PM

maybe you own the OP's original case. it has been two years since he posted.
m
l
!