800-875 (maybe 900) gaming pc build help!

perplexityx

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Looking to build a decent 850ish gaming pc. I dont know how possible it is but I have been really intrigued by Ivy bridge and would like to go that route if possible. Ill be posting my requirements for the computer below. If you post a full build please provide links and not say (580ti) I know quite a few brands/part names but I dont know them all. I already have a mouse/keyboard, windows 7, and monitors.

REQUIREMENTS:

- Run Guild wars 2 at max/ultra settings with a stable 40-60 FPS(35-40 can be ok as well) *Bonus points if I can stream too!
- Dual Monitor capability
- Room for possible SLI(I know GW2 doesnt support SLI atm, but recent dev reports stated they are going to have it at launch)
- Cool LED case (lol?)
- Easy OCing abilities (I am new and I would like a good benchmark to learn from)

So bring on the builds! Like I stated if it will be a very big performance difference I won't mind pushing it to 900 but no more than that.

CURRENT BUILD:

CPU: INTEL BOX INTEL CI5 2500K: $169

MOBO: ASROCK Z77 PRO3 1155 ATX: $59

I don't think you are ever going to need dual cards to run GW2 on a single 1080P monitor. Personally I don't think anyone should be dual cards for any game on a single 1080P monitor, it is useful for ultra high resolutions but a single card should be fine for you. Any graphics card on the market will run dual monitors so no worries there, you will just want a fairly decent one.

This is at the top end of your budget but would be ideal for your usage:

Intel Core i5-3570K
2x4GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 1600Mhz
ASRock Z77 Pro3
XFX Double D HD 7850 2GB
Seagate Barracuda 750GB 7200RPM
Corsair CX-500 500W
Coolermaster HAF 912
LG DVD Burner

Total - $891.92

That setup is great for overclocking (you may want to improve the CPU cooler first though). It also has plenty of places to upgrade. You can add a SSD, overclock the CPU and GPU, add more RAM etc.

perplexityx

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Funny you should request that mobo/cpu. I just went to micrometer who is running a special for 50$ off a z77 mobo with the purchase of a intel processor. I picked up the 2500k and board you requested for 244$ with tax! Was this a good deal?

jumbolkna

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
If your looking to overclock something like a coolermaster 212 HSF would be great and cheap aswell.
Also that is an amazing deal for the cpu/mobo.

perplexityx

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Alright I updated the first post with my current pieces I have in hand. How much did I end up saving from your original build with the special I got on the mobo/processor