Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Driver not detecting Razer Lachesis 5600 DPI mouse.

Last response: in Components
August 24, 2012 6:38:17 PM

I have a Lachesis 5600 DPI mouse that is not being detected on my computer by the software. Driver version 3.00. Firmware version: 2.03. It is the latest. I have ran the Windows 7 Driver support from Razer and that did not fix.

I have also tried Vers. 2.01 drivers.

Problem began occurring when I formatted an SSD and a HDD and placed Windows 7 Ultimate 64x on both. The HDD detects it, while the SSD does not. That is very weird!

I believe it is one of my mobo's drivers fault because the SSD was detecting the mouse when I ran the razer drivers first before installing the chipset, lan, usb, etc. After completing installing all my Intel drivers, chipset, usb, lan, etc. The razer software says it is not detecting the mouse and it closes the application. So sad .

My HDD does not have this problem and I did the exact same setup as I did on my SSD.

More about : driver detecting razer lachesis 5600 dpi mouse

August 24, 2012 6:46:19 PM

If you do an erase of all drivers for the mouse and do a restart with the mouse pluged in then let Windows find it and see if you can load the drivers that way.
Score
August 24, 2012 6:54:16 PM

I tried disabling all my mouse drivers one by one but I did not restart it. I'm scared that if I uninstall all my drivers my mouse will stop working.
Score
Related resources
August 24, 2012 6:59:22 PM

queesy said:
I tried disabling all my mouse drivers one by one but I did not restart it. I'm scared that if I uninstall all my drivers my mouse will stop working.

Your mouse will still work, at the worst, you may have to unplug it, then replug it in.

I had that Lachesis for a while, and the USB connectivity/firmware was really horrible. I hope that's not related to your issues.
Score
August 24, 2012 7:32:38 PM

Ok so I uninstalled my two mouse drivers. I plugged the razer mouse back into the usb port and it flashed as a "razer" mouse then it changed back to "HID-Compliant Mouse".

Two drivers get downloaded when I plug the razer is.

My Razer driver still says that it cannot detect any mice.

Btw, should I download this and run it?

http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=v...

I did in the past but it didn't work so I uninstalled it...

Edit: So I tried a combination of installing and uninstalling drivers but nothing seems to work to make the Razer drivers detect the mouse. I have a HDD that is a factory image of my SSD and it works so I find it extremely strange. It also used to work when I ran Home Premium but when I made the upgrade to W7 Ultimate it just cant detect the mouse.
Score
August 25, 2012 11:29:09 PM

Sorry but, bump. :( 
Score
August 26, 2012 12:00:21 AM

queesy said:
Sorry but, bump. :( 

Can you try the same mouse on a different computer ? It sounds like it could be a Razor hardware issue.
Score
August 26, 2012 12:10:38 AM

It has to be the motherboard , things work or don't wotk from board to board for what reason I don't know but it can be a conflict with some driver that's been loaded. I had a Gigagyte board and bought a sd card reader that I couldn't get to work for nothing. I switched to a MSI board of the same chipset and it works. I don't know , maybe it's a bios issue or a conflict with some driver.
Score
August 26, 2012 12:27:18 AM

I have tried the mouse on a HDD that is an exact relica of my SSD. It works.

I have no idea why that is the case and find it super odd.
Score
August 26, 2012 12:57:35 AM

queesy said:
I have tried the mouse on a HDD that is an exact relica of my SSD. It works.

I have no idea why that is the case and find it super odd.

Must have been crappy Razor drivers then... They somehow managed to screw themselves up, I think.
Score
August 26, 2012 1:30:49 AM

Maxx_Power said:
Must have been crappy Razor drivers then... They somehow managed to screw themselves up, I think.

Aww!

I've been playing Guild Wars 2 recently and I would love to assign some keys to the 9 extra buttons this mouse has.
Score
!