Military time

How do I change the date/time display to show 24hour military time instead of
12hour standard format?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about military time

    Control Panel - Regional and Language Options.. select customize and then
    click on the TIME tab.. it is clear enough how to change it..

    "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I change the date/time display to show 24hour military time instead
    > of
    > 12hour standard format?
    >
    > Thanks

    go to "start" > "Control Panel" > "Regional and Languages Options"...under
    the "Regional Options" tab, click on the "Customize..." button > click on
    the "Time" tab and in the "Time format:" dropdown menu, select HH:mm:ss to
    get military time...then click "OK" and then "OK" again out of the windows.

    I do not know if the computer needs to be restarted to take effect.

    it's clear enough certainly, but as is often the case, the route to get
    there isn't particularly so!
    It would be far more logical to get to it by right clicking the clock....
    (Just my two penn'orth)

    --
    ¦ zulu ¦

    "Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > Control Panel - Regional and Language Options.. select customize and then
    > click on the TIME tab.. it is clear enough how to change it..
    >

    > "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> How do I change the date/time display to show 24hour military time
    >> instead of
    >> 12hour standard format?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Can't agree with you on that one.. in the US and UK, it may well be
    considered 'military' time but in other parts of the world, the 24hr clock
    is standard time reporting, hence the inclusion into Regional Settings..