Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Military time

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
December 15, 2004 8:05:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

How do I change the date/time display to show 24hour military time instead of
12hour standard format?

Thanks

More about : military time

Anonymous
December 15, 2004 11:38:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Control Panel - Regional and Language Options.. select customize and then
click on the TIME tab.. it is clear enough how to change it..


"Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FC62210D-8FF5-483C-9708-A7547E9F42B0@microsoft.com...
> How do I change the date/time display to show 24hour military time instead
> of
> 12hour standard format?
>
> Thanks
>
December 15, 2004 4:34:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

go to "start" > "Control Panel" > "Regional and Languages Options"...under
the "Regional Options" tab, click on the "Customize..." button > click on
the "Time" tab and in the "Time format:" dropdown menu, select HH:mm:ss to
get military time...then click "OK" and then "OK" again out of the windows.

I do not know if the computer needs to be restarted to take effect.
Related resources
December 15, 2004 5:03:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

it's clear enough certainly, but as is often the case, the route to get
there isn't particularly so!
It would be far more logical to get to it by right clicking the clock....
(Just my two penn'orth)

--
¦ zulu ¦


"Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:o D%23lZtq4EHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Control Panel - Regional and Language Options.. select customize and then
> click on the TIME tab.. it is clear enough how to change it..
>
>
> "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:FC62210D-8FF5-483C-9708-A7547E9F42B0@microsoft.com...
>> How do I change the date/time display to show 24hour military time
>> instead of
>> 12hour standard format?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>
>
Anonymous
December 15, 2004 5:03:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Can't agree with you on that one.. in the US and UK, it may well be
considered 'military' time but in other parts of the world, the 24hr clock
is standard time reporting, hence the inclusion into Regional Settings..


"zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:NuXvd.313$V%4.135@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
> it's clear enough certainly, but as is often the case, the route to get
> there isn't particularly so!
> It would be far more logical to get to it by right clicking the clock....
> (Just my two penn'orth)
>
> --
> ¦ zulu ¦
>
>
> "Mike Hall" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> news:o D%23lZtq4EHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Control Panel - Regional and Language Options.. select customize and then
>> click on the TIME tab.. it is clear enough how to change it..
>>
>>
>> "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:FC62210D-8FF5-483C-9708-A7547E9F42B0@microsoft.com...
>>> How do I change the date/time display to show 24hour military time
>>> instead of
>>> 12hour standard format?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
!