$1500 Gaming PC with option to 1080p live stream recommended specs?

I have a $1500 budget. I have built gaming pcs before, but I am a little lost on what processor and video card(s) would make my life easier to play at 1920 x 1080 and live stream at 1080p.
The i7 3770k seems to be whats recommend the most, of course it is sold out everywhere I looked. Not sure if there is an alternative or not.
As to the video card should I be looking at the 560Ti still (1or 2 of em) or is there something better out there for this? Everything else I can take care of on my own. Thanx a lot for all the help over the years!
7 answers Last reply
More about 1500 gaming option 1080p live stream recommended specs
  1. adjutorus said:
    I have a $1500 budget. I have built gaming pcs before, but I am a little lost on what processor and video card(s) would make my life easier to play at 1920 x 1080 and live stream at 1080p.
    The i7 3770k seems to be whats recommend the most, of course it is sold out everywhere I looked. Not sure if there is an alternative or not.
    As to the video card should I be looking at the 560Ti still (1or 2 of em) or is there something better out there for this? Everything else I can take care of on my own. Thanx a lot for all the help over the years!
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 54.4 CFM CPU Cooler ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($159.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($172.35 @ B&H)
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($259.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: Corsair 850W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($159.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On IHBS112-04 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($78.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1421.25
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-05-09 16:47 EDT-0400)
  2. James McKeane said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 54.4 CFM CPU Cooler ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($159.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Hard Drive: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($172.35 @ B&H)
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($259.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 400R ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.99 @ Microcenter)
    Power Supply: Corsair 850W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($159.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On IHBS112-04 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($78.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1421.25
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-05-09 16:47 EDT-0400)


    850 is *WAY* overkill for even 2 x 7850. For $1500 this is what I'd suggest:


    Case: Fractal Design Arc MIDI - $99.99
    PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKII 750W - $94.99 ($20.00 MIR)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - $159.99
    CPU: 3.4GHz Intel Core i5-3570K - $249.99
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - $34.99
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 - $42.99
    SSD: 128GB Crucial M4 - $131.99
    HD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda ST 7200 RPM - $99.99
    Optical: LG Black BD-R Burner - $74.99
    Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 680 - $499.99

    Total: $1,494.89 - $20.00 MIR = $1,474.89

    Add a Windows license and you're good to go.
  3. you want this computer. the 480 is higher ranked than the 680 on benchmarks and this pc will pwn all, a ssd boot drive, i5, 480, nice case, awesome motherboard.
    https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=19214205
  4. ToKiiNz said:
    you want this computer. the 480 is higher ranked than the 680 on benchmarks and this pc will pwn all, a ssd boot drive, i5, 480, nice case, awesome motherboard.
    https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=19214205


    Where is the 480 ranked higher than the 680? Show me those benchmarks.
  5. ToKiiNz said:
    you want this computer. the 480 is higher ranked than the 680 on benchmarks and this pc will pwn all, a ssd boot drive, i5, 480, nice case, awesome motherboard.
    https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=19214205

    Troll somewhere else.

    @ the OP.

    http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbide-Series-Gaming-Computer/dp/B0055Q7BR4/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1336617204&sr=1-4 $99.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case - CC-9011011-WW

    http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/carbide-series-pc-case/carbide-series-400r-mid-tower-case.html <----- another look at that case

    http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Series-80PLUS-Performance-compatible/dp/B005A2RJOI/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1336604499&sr=1-5 $89.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    OCZ ZS Series 750W 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.910431 $379.98 save: $10.00
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

    http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z77%20Extreme4 <----- another look at that board

    http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/asrock_z77_extreme4_review,1.html <----- review of that board w/benchmarks

    http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1336617964&sr=1-7 $34.95 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (RR-212E-20PK-R2)

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220570 $41.99
    Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory with heatshield Model PSD38G1600KH

    http://www.amazon.com/Sony-AD-7280S-0B-Internal-Drive-Black/dp/B0057FRTPW/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1336618030&sr=1-2 $21.27 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25
    Sony AD-7280S-0B 24x SATA Internal DVD+/-RW Drive (Black)

    http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Internal-ST1000DM003/dp/B005T3GRNW/ref=sr_1_5?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1336617896&sr=1-5 $99.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST1000DM003

    http://www.amazon.com/HD7870-DC2-2GD5-DisplayPort-Utilities-PCI-Express-Graphics/dp/B007JLFVNO $334.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5 Radeon 2GB DDR5 VGA/DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort GPU Tweak Utilities PCI-Express 3.0 Graphics Card HD7870-DC2-2GD5

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/HD_7870_Direct_Cu_II/ <----- review of that Asus card w/benchmarks

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226236 $102.99 FREE SHIPPING
    Mushkin Enhanced Chronos MKNSSDCR120GB 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

    or....

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211588 $104.99 FREE SHIPPING
    ADATA S510 Series AS510S3-120GM-O 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - OEM

    http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Premium-64bit-System-Builder/dp/B004Q0PT3I/ref=pd_sim_pc_6 $99.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping
    Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (Full) System Builder DVD 1 Pack
  6. http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html it isnt higher anymore but theyres really no performance diffrence and you save 100$
  7. ToKiiNz said:
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html it isnt higher anymore but theyres really no performance diffrence and you save 100$

    The 480 is a 2+ year old outdated heat producing power hog that's on it's last legs. Not only will the OP need a 850+w psu to push two of those cards, the odds of the OP ever finding another 480 later on to SLI is slim to none. Nobody recommends that old arse card on here. The 7870 uses half the juice and beats it in every bench known.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Graphics Cards Processors Systems Product