Not open for further replies.

teamrushpntball

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
So I've narrowed my upgrade down too 2 choices really. Either a:

AMD 7870 2gb

or a:

NVidia GTX 570

I'm not particularly partial to either brand, and suppose I could be willing to wait for the new Kepler gpu's if they're promising enough.

Also, any recommendation on brand would be appreciated. I had been thinking XfX for the AMD card and Evga for the GTX.

Solution
right now the 7870 seems to be the better choice. it's 2 gb vram helps with vram intensive games like bf3. it's not available yet, though.
nvidia's kepler lineup is supposed to launch in the near future.
if you can hold out a little longer, you can buy the amd cards at a lowered price when kepler starts to compete with the current amd cards. by that time amd will have better drivers too. or if the kepler cards outperform the amd cards by a big margin, you can get those instead.
check the kepler sticky for more info.

teamrushpntball

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
Yep, just made it through reading that. Hadn't noticed it when I asked this. Anyone have a recommendation on what brand of AMD cards to go with? I know XfX has lifetime warranties, and Asus has 3 years (which is likely all the longer I'd keep the card). Anyone else have a personal preference with gpu brands?

right now the 7870 seems to be the better choice. it's 2 gb vram helps with vram intensive games like bf3. it's not available yet, though.
nvidia's kepler lineup is supposed to launch in the near future.
if you can hold out a little longer, you can buy the amd cards at a lowered price when kepler starts to compete with the current amd cards. by that time amd will have better drivers too. or if the kepler cards outperform the amd cards by a big margin, you can get those instead.
check the kepler sticky for more info.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.