Not Planning on Getting the 360? How Come?

i am pretty happy with my current XBox (second after my Thompson drive
pooped out) and with the collection of games i've gathered.

with all the hype and glitter surrounding the new 360, i have certainly
been charmed into thinking that i *need* a new system. but once i start
thinking about it, i realize that i don't utilize Live!, and would be
likely missing out on a huge part of the whole 360 experience.

so, as of now, i have no plans of upgrading, despite having to wear a
bib from all the drooling. this could change once it arrives, of
course, but chances are, i won't upgrade until or if i really need to.

anyone else like this?

nissans rule wrote:
> same here.
> I have 20+ games.
> I wont buy a new system till the 360 is 2-3years old.
> Thats what i did with the current xbox. I waited till it was 179.99 at x-mas
> and came with 3 games.
>
> No need to be the first dumbass on the block to pay 400.00+

Although, I am pretty sure that I will not be paying the launch price,
I cannot wait 2-3 years either. That is mainly as my xbox is not modded
and I would like to have the cool features of the new xbox. Also some
of the new games interest me a lot.

I will probably buy it when PS3 launches as that might trigger a price
drop of 360.

Fizzlestix wrote:

> anyone else like this?

PGR3 would be the only reason I buy the 360 at launch. I understand why
Micro$$oftexce$$hit (hey, I'm cool now) wants to release the 360 early, but
I think it is too soon for a new console. The Xbox is only four-years-old
and isn't in need of replacing.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Only 4 years?

"Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote in message
> i am pretty happy with my current XBox (second after my Thompson drive
> pooped out) and with the collection of games i've gathered.
>
> with all the hype and glitter surrounding the new 360, i have certainly
> been charmed into thinking that i *need* a new system. but once i start
> thinking about it, i realize that i don't utilize Live!, and would be
> likely missing out on a huge part of the whole 360 experience.
>
> so, as of now, i have no plans of upgrading, despite having to wear a
> bib from all the drooling. this could change once it arrives, of
> course, but chances are, i won't upgrade until or if i really need to.
>
> anyone else like this?

"Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote in message
> i am pretty happy with my current XBox (second after my Thompson drive
> pooped out) and with the collection of games i've gathered.
>
> with all the hype and glitter surrounding the new 360, i have certainly
> been charmed into thinking that i *need* a new system. but once i start
> thinking about it, i realize that i don't utilize Live!, and would be
> likely missing out on a huge part of the whole 360 experience.
>
> so, as of now, i have no plans of upgrading, despite having to wear a
> bib from all the drooling. this could change once it arrives, of
> course, but chances are, i won't upgrade until or if i really need to.
>
> anyone else like this?

Nope.
I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the 360 to launch.
I have 3 on pre order and I am going to go hog wild filling my basket with
launch titles.
I am really excited with the 360 because of it's true HDTV playback and
boost in graphics and sound while making Live and even better online
experience. I have already moved my PS2 and GameCube out of my main gaming
room and the original XBox will get the boot the day the 360 is launched.

"Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote in message
>i am pretty happy with my current XBox (second after my Thompson drive
> pooped out) and with the collection of games i've gathered.
>
> with all the hype and glitter surrounding the new 360, i have certainly
> been charmed into thinking that i *need* a new system. but once i start
> thinking about it, i realize that i don't utilize Live!, and would be
> likely missing out on a huge part of the whole 360 experience.
>
> so, as of now, i have no plans of upgrading, despite having to wear a
> bib from all the drooling. this could change once it arrives, of
> course, but chances are, i won't upgrade until or if i really need to.
>
> anyone else like this?

I agree. I have 75+ games, not to mention emulation which adds another
several hundred N64, SNES, NeoGeo, TurboGrafx16, Genesis, and Arcade games.
So I'm not running out of things to play.

I'm going to wait a year or two to see which of the next generation I want.
A moddable X-Box 360 would be my top choice if its backwards compatible with
my current games. The price will come down, bugs (recalls?) will be worked
out, and hackers will have a chance to figure out how to mod the hardware.

Besides I have a top-end PC which is capable of playing the really good
stuff.

- Crti

"Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote in message
>i am pretty happy with my current XBox (second after my Thompson drive
> pooped out) and with the collection of games i've gathered.
>
> with all the hype and glitter surrounding the new 360, i have certainly
> been charmed into thinking that i *need* a new system. but once i start
> thinking about it, i realize that i don't utilize Live!, and would be
> likely missing out on a huge part of the whole 360 experience.
>
> so, as of now, i have no plans of upgrading, despite having to wear a
> bib from all the drooling. this could change once it arrives, of
> course, but chances are, i won't upgrade until or if i really need to.
>
> anyone else like this?

not me. I've been on LIVE for a few years now and like being able to
download content and play with friends. I don't do it often, but it's nice
to have the option. I also have an HDTV, and while the current generation
of games look pretty spectacular, 720p is going to be übersweet. I've been
running through SoulCalibur2 lately, and let me tell you, the difference
between 720p and 480p is staggering (despite the half assed implementation).
as 360 will be backwards compatible, I can have the best of both worlds.
oh...and the 360 will look better in my component stack;) especially if it
hits the <$300 price point. why not?

"Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote in message
>i am pretty happy with my current XBox (second after my Thompson drive
> pooped out) and with the collection of games i've gathered.
>
> with all the hype and glitter surrounding the new 360, i have certainly
> been charmed into thinking that i *need* a new system. but once i start
> thinking about it, i realize that i don't utilize Live!, and would be
> likely missing out on a huge part of the whole 360 experience.
>
> so, as of now, i have no plans of upgrading, despite having to wear a
> bib from all the drooling. this could change once it arrives, of
> course, but chances are, i won't upgrade until or if i really need to.
>
> anyone else like this?

If you have an HDTV then you will have a lot to look forward to. The
current Xbox only has about 30 or so true HDTV games. Thinking that every
360 game will be compatible is great.

---
HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

Fizzlestix <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote:

> so, as of now, i have no plans of upgrading, despite having to wear a
> bib from all the drooling. this could change once it arrives, of
> course, but chances are, i won't upgrade until or if i really need to.

> anyone else like this?

Yep. I was originally going to wait for 360, if it was backwards
compatible. That way I could play the XBox games, while still being able
to play any 360 games that struck my fancy. That would do for me until
the PS3 and its games dropped in price.

However, I came across an XBox deal at Costco, and it looks like that was
the way to go, given how mushy Microsoft has been with details about 360's
backwards compatibility feature.

Between the Xbox and the PS2, I'll probably have more than enough games to
keep me occupied for the next 12-18 months or so (if not longer.) By
then, Xbox360 and maybe even the PS3 will have gone through a price drop,
and we'll start seeing bargin titles for them. Not to mention that
hopefully by then, any hardware issues will have been worked out and
resolved.

I'm a bit worried though. So far, the only games I've seen announced for
either platform are just sequels to games I either already played (eg.
DOA4) or was never interested in the first place (yet another football game.)
When PS2 came out, it advertised truly new games that were unlike anything
you could do with the previous generation of hardware. This time...to be
honest, I haven't been very impressed. I'll probably still buy the new
consoles (well, probably not Revolution) but it certainly isn't going to
be a big priority until I start seeing some "WOW!" titles...

Fizzlestix <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote:
>so, as of now, i have no plans of upgrading, despite having to wear a
>bib from all the drooling. this could change once it arrives, of
>course, but chances are, i won't upgrade until or if i really need to.

I'm tentatively leaning towards buying one at launch, depending on
the launch titles, titles for the next year, and Canadian exchange rate...
I'll probably be more certain either way after I see more game footage, I
think. But almost everything non-game about the 360 sounds great to me
(except lack of blue laser disc drive). Jordan Minter's Neon music
visualization thing sounds great, wireless controllers that can turn the
console on sounds great,

--
"Almost none of the CEOs on the Bush team headed competitive, entrepreneurial
businesses. The majority of them, in fact, made their bones in protected or

Andrew Ryan Chang wrote:

> wireless
> controllers that can turn the console on sounds great

Has that been confirmed? That would be sweet. It's about time too.

-Z-

On 6 Jul 2005 04:59:18 -0700, "Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com>
wrote:

>anyone else like this?

No plans to upgrade. Mostly because the game list is so underwhelming
.... basically the games are also coming out on XBox (and PS2 for the
most part). The 360 version is the same game with a prettier skin.
Sell me a game that can't be done on XBox 1, then I'll upgrade. Don't
really expect to see that this year though (certainly not if E3 was
any indication of the current state of 360 games).

Zackman <zackman@SPAMISEVILearthling.net> wrote:
>Andrew Ryan Chang wrote:
>
>> wireless
>> controllers that can turn the console on sounds great
>
>Has that been confirmed? That would be sweet. It's about time too.

I remember reading about that feature in several of the online
news features. But now I'm not sure whether they were confusing it with
the DVD remote control that will be able* to turn on the console. Still,
I thought that was one of the features of that central 'X' button.

* http://hardware.teamxbox.com/articles/xbox/1148/Xbox-360-Peripherals/p1

--
"The 'hard work' is not getting the casualty report. The 'hard work' is
being the casualty."