How do I get rid of the blue band ?

December 15, 2004 5:03:26 PM

How do I get rid of the wide blue band on the left (with Folder Options,
Tasks etc.) when I view a folder full screen?

All folders, that is, not just one in particular....

TIA

More about : rid blue band

Anonymous
December 15, 2004 10:55:29 PM

Open Windows Explorer, click Tools, Folder Options.
On the General tab, under Tasks, click "Use Windows classic folders"

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:o uXvd.314$V%4.110@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
How do I get rid of the wide blue band on the left (with Folder Options,
Tasks etc.) when I view a folder full screen?

All folders, that is, not just one in particular....

TIA
December 15, 2004 10:55:30 PM

TYVM
I guessed it was easy, but didn't know what to look for!!

Open Windows Explorer, click Tools, Folder Options.
On the General tab, under Tasks, click "Use Windows classic folders"

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:o uXvd.314$V%4.110@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
How do I get rid of the wide blue band on the left (with Folder Options,
Tasks etc.) when I view a folder full screen?

All folders, that is, not just one in particular....

TIA
December 16, 2004 1:15:37 AM

You're welcome!

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:aZYvd.482$Hy1.281@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...
TYVM
I guessed it was easy, but didn't know what to look for!!

Open Windows Explorer, click Tools, Folder Options.
On the General tab, under Tasks, click "Use Windows classic folders"

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:o uXvd.314$V%4.110@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
How do I get rid of the wide blue band on the left (with Folder Options,
Tasks etc.) when I view a folder full screen?

All folders, that is, not just one in particular....

TIA
December 16, 2004 1:15:38 AM

I now have room for the *details* view.
(I'm using larger fonts AND 150%dpi)
I couldn't read a word on the *blue band* anyway, so good riddance!

I *still* desperately need to change the core font (?) that is used for
*properties* tabs and the like....
:-)

You're welcome!

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
TYVM
I guessed it was easy, but didn't know what to look for!!

Open Windows Explorer, click Tools, Folder Options.
On the General tab, under Tasks, click "Use Windows classic folders"

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"zulu" <nothere@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:o uXvd.314$V%4.110@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
How do I get rid of the wide blue band on the left (with Folder Options,
Tasks etc.) when I view a folder full screen?

All folders, that is, not just one in particular....

TIA
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 6:30:17 PM

Re: I *still* desperately need to change the core font (?) that is used for
*properties* tabs and the like....

Have you done a 'right click' in the middle of your desktop wallpaper and
used "properties" then in Xp go to the Appearance tab then click on ADVANCE
(bottom right hand corner) The various font settings for all the views using
fonts can be adjusted there.

Rose
December 17, 2004 12:53:40 AM

Many many times Rose!
Tell me EXACTLY how, PLEASE!!!!

It's the things like any *Properties* tabs, *Change Identity* (in Outlook
Express), or on this page *Tools>Select Newsgroupos* etcetera.

This problem is driving me NUTS!
My viusion is too poor to resolve the small font used for these.
I need something like size 12 BOLD. or *Verdana* font.

"RoseW" <wdmn@NShurontel.on.ca> wrote in message
> Re: I *still* desperately need to change the core font (?) that is used
> for
> *properties* tabs and the like....
>
> Have you done a 'right click' in the middle of your desktop wallpaper and
> used "properties" then in Xp go to the Appearance tab then click on
> ADVANCE
> (bottom right hand corner) The various font settings for all the views
> using
> fonts can be adjusted there.
>
> Rose

Anonymous
December 17, 2004 3:30:18 AM

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:53:40 GMT, zulu wrote:

> It's the things like any *Properties* tabs, *Change Identity* (in Outlook
> Express), or on this page *Tools>Select Newsgroupos* etcetera.
>
> This problem is driving me NUTS!
> My viusion is too poor to resolve the small font used for these.
> I need something like size 12 BOLD. or *Verdana* font.

I think someone has suggested it to you before but what about Display>
Settings> Advanced> General and changing the universal font size to Large
(120 DPI)?

Other than that I don't think that there is a way (using Windows settings)
to adjust the font size for the windows/screens that you have mentioned.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:21:36 GMT, zulu wrote:

> There OUGHT to be a way to resolve this as all the things I need to access
> to make my computer usable _the way I want it to be_ can't be changed, other
> than lowering resolution or increasing DPI, which brings additional
> problems, like the bottom half of the text missing...
>
> What _is_ the font used?
> Why can't I change it for another?

Wish I knew where the adjustments are for those windows. I don't. Another
suggestion (aside from discussing this with MS tech support as you mention)
is to hit one of the UI customizing sites. Am thinking specifically of
Stardock.com and their themes. I use some of their products and have seen
themes change parts of Windows that were not accessible by normal controls.
You could shoot an email to their tech support or sales department.
Describe the screens you need adjusted in detail. Give them a few examples
and then see what they come up with.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Excellent idea, I'll try that
TYVM for your efforts on my behalf :-))

--
¦ zulu ¦
Dell Dimension XPS-T700r, 512 MB RAM, XP Pro. SP2, 21" CRT

!