Sign in with
Your question

Resolution problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 5, 2012 3:32:31 PM

Hi all got my new pc today and im using my bush 24" tv as a monitor, its a 1080p ready tv

my graphics card is a gtx 570, i installed it but when tv is on 1080p i cant see the taskbar, i had to resize the screen manually to 1650 x906

is there any way to change it to 1080p and see my taskbar?

More about : resolution problem

March 5, 2012 3:34:08 PM

also when i change to clear font , it says change to native resolution 1920x1080? or keep current resolution 1650 x906
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2012 6:45:01 PM

Can you post a screen shot? I have experienced this before and usually there is an auto adjust button on the TV/ monitor. Set your res to 1080p and then try pressing the auto adjust.
March 5, 2012 7:14:26 PM

hi i cant actually find the auto adjust button, i dont think my tv has one? :S
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2012 7:17:40 PM

Damn. It might be worth looking in the manual for words of that nature although it might be called something different. Like I said I had exactly that same problem at work on a few monitors and the auto adjust sorted it. Good luck.
March 5, 2012 7:17:58 PM

I know this is less than helpful, and will probably cause a ***-storm, but how 'bout don't use a TV as a computer monitor. They're not the same technology, no matter what anyone says. TVs aren't, generally, designed to handle the output from a PC graphics card correctly.

Assuming getting an actual monitor isn't an option for you, I think you're SOL. I've seen this a lot, where the TV truncates the viewable area of the desktop despite supposedly having 1080p resolution. But kkkk1 is on the right path. I believe on TVs the labeling is typically something like "aspect."
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2012 7:21:58 PM

Are you using VGA or DVI connector? Are using any adapters on those connectors? It's best to use DVI-to-DVI.
March 5, 2012 7:24:09 PM

mate i wish i could afford a pc monitor but right now i cant, although im saving for 3d monitor!

but in the mean time this will have to do, just sure the pic quality should be better than it is, even though it is a tv

anywayz heres a screen shot, hope you can make it out

a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2012 7:27:20 PM

So is that shot resized to 1650 x906 as you stated in your first post, as it looks fine to me or am I missing something?
March 5, 2012 7:37:18 PM

bullzeye82 said:
mate i wish i could afford a pc monitor but right now i cant, although im saving for 3d monitor!

but in the mean time this will have to do, just sure the pic quality should be better than it is, even though it is a tv

anywayz heres a screen shot, hope you can make it out

Could you answer the previous question about what kind of connector you're using? VGA (blue tip) or HDMI? Also, did I correctly guess the model of TV you're using?
March 5, 2012 7:42:23 PM

pure_drivel said:
Could you answer the previous question about what kind of connector you're using? VGA (blue tip) or HDMI? Also, did I correctly guess the model of TV you're using?

im using hdmi to hdmi the model of the tv is bled24fhdl8dvd
March 5, 2012 7:56:10 PM

WAIT! I should have already asked this question:

Is this new computer a laptop or a desktop? Are you outputting ONLY to the TV, or are you also outputting to the laptop LCD or any other monitor/display?

Also, make sure you're not using an alternative display mode like "wide zoom" or something. Your remote should have a button for this - it could be that setting that is truncating the edges of your screen. I believe the button is labeled "PIC" on your remote.
March 5, 2012 8:36:07 PM

pure_drivel said:
WAIT! I should have already asked this question:

Is this new computer a laptop or a desktop? Are you outputting ONLY to the TV, or are you also outputting to the laptop LCD or any other monitor/display?

Also, make sure you're not using an alternative display mode like "wide zoom" or something. Your remote should have a button for this - it could be that setting that is truncating the edges of your screen. I believe the button is labeled "PIC" on your remote.

its a new desktop pc. im only outputting to the tv/monitor the aspect ratio is set to 16:9, i have tried zoom 1-2 and the other options but 16:9 seems to work best. still my text seems blurry and colours seem to be slightly smudged.
March 5, 2012 9:03:55 PM

Just your TV, bud. Sorry!
!