Solution
Both cards will overclock the exact same. You really don't need to pay for Gigabyte to overclock it for you. Given both cards are the same I would look into the warranty. MSI uses military spec components to manufacture GPU's and the warranty they offer reflects the high quality parts. I do not have any experience with Gigabyte gpu's but I have had two motherboards that had to be RMA'd within the first year so i will never buy another Gigabyte motherboard again.

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
Both brands are solid. The only real difference is a $20 premium on the Gigabyte, which is buying you a nice stock speed overclock. If you have the $20 I'd get the Gigabyte of those two cards.

alrobichaud

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
Both cards will overclock the exact same. You really don't need to pay for Gigabyte to overclock it for you. Given both cards are the same I would look into the warranty. MSI uses military spec components to manufacture GPU's and the warranty they offer reflects the high quality parts. I do not have any experience with Gigabyte gpu's but I have had two motherboards that had to be RMA'd within the first year so i will never buy another Gigabyte motherboard again.

Solution

DM186

Splendid
In order to best help you we need to see your system spec's plus your power supply (PSU) brand and model plus how many watts it is. That way we can suggest what kind of up grade you can do.

But this one the MSI twin frozr lll Is the best of the two. I know a lot of people on here that would be the card to go with. On the other had there are a lot of people on here that would want you to look at the 6970 AMD card.

I hope this helps a little and Good luck to you. I prefer the Nvidia cards but not afraid to use an AMD cards.

bry2004

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

Thanks for the input!

DM186

Splendid

They were to be releast this month at least the 680. We are only into the first 6 days it still could come out But they are saying for sure in April for the 660 ti's and a couple other ones. That is what they are saying.

bry2004

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012

Do you know if the 600 series will be PCIE 3.0?

DM186

Splendid

Yes all the AMD 7xxx and Nvidia 6xx series will be 3.0 the good new is what sunnk said they will interchange with 2.1 and 2.0. I don't know about 1.0 there are a lot of issues with the 3.0, 2.1, and 2.0 working in the 1.0