Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I5 3570k running at 100% usage!!!

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
August 24, 2012 11:49:35 PM

A lot of times, not always my CPU will run at 90-100% from simple stuff like flash player and when I play games that I know my gpu (gtx 460) can handle the cores will run at 100%. I've tried setting affinity and priority but it still didn't work. Im pretty sure I don't have a virus and I've optimized my system with tuneup utilities. This only happens in when video is played such as games or online streaming like YouTube. When I play downloaded videos it works fine. also I have 8 gbs of ram and the most used ever is 2 is there a problem where my ram is not being fully used and causing my CPU to be overused?

More about : 3570k running 100 usage

a c 215 à CPUs
August 25, 2012 12:05:32 AM

Use task manager to see what in particular is loading up your CPU that heavily, online streaming should never be close to maxing out a 3570k. When you encounter something that loads it up keep track of what the name of the process responsible is, if you don't recognize the process name google it to figure out what it is because something is not right.
m
l
August 25, 2012 12:08:10 AM

hunter315 said:
Use task manager to see what in particular is loading up your CPU that heavily, online streaming should never be close to maxing out a 3570k. When you encounter something that loads it up keep track of what the name of the process responsible is, if you don't recognize the process name google it to figure out what it is because something is not right.

its whatever i run like flashplayer.exe or the game im playing (name of game).exe stuff like that
m
l
Related resources
August 25, 2012 12:10:48 AM

also when that happens if i use core temp it says that my tempratures reach 90 c but when its idle at 0% cpu its a 60 C i have a stock heatsink and fan do i need a new one
m
l

Best solution

a c 215 à CPUs
August 25, 2012 12:22:58 AM

60 C at idle is really hot, you should make sure that all the pins on your heatsink are down and locked in place, its not uncommon for the stock intel heatsink to have a pin come unlocked causing the heatsink to make poor contact and lead to high temperatures.

Games should be bringing your CPU usage pretty high but flash player should not, i would uninstall and reinstall your flash player to bring you up to the latest version and get rid of any issues your's may currently have.
a c 186 à CPUs
August 25, 2012 12:26:40 AM

Read the cooler install guide in my sig.
m
l
August 25, 2012 12:57:49 AM

hunter315 said:
60 C at idle is really hot, you should make sure that all the pins on your heatsink are down and locked in place, its not uncommon for the stock intel heatsink to have a pin come unlocked causing the heatsink to make poor contact and lead to high temperatures.

Games should be bringing your CPU usage pretty high but flash player should not, i would uninstall and reinstall your flash player to bring you up to the latest version and get rid of any issues your's may currently have.

reinstalling flash player didnt work i try it almost everyday. ill try to see if the pins are the problem thanks for the help ill get back to you shortly
m
l
August 25, 2012 6:01:49 AM

hunter315 said:

you were right it is the heatsink but i cant put it in because one of the pins is stuck with the white part spread and i dont know what to do because i dont want to break it. i have a stock heatsink
m
l
August 25, 2012 6:01:49 AM

amuffin said:
Read the cooler install guide in my sig.

what do you do when the white thing is stuck spread out and i cant push it into the mobo because it wont fit i tried to rotate it but it wouldnt budge( i tried to rotate it to the opposite side of the arrow to make the white things smaller so i cann push it in) thats the right way to turn it right?
m
l
a c 186 à CPUs
August 25, 2012 6:33:16 AM

Pull up and turn left!
m
l
August 25, 2012 8:43:52 AM

amuffin said:
Pull up and turn left!

but thats the way the arrows are pointing would that expand the white things?
m
l
August 25, 2012 8:42:07 PM

Best answer selected by Vitiatex.
m
l
August 25, 2012 8:42:35 PM

thank you all for your help im gettting 30 c at idle now
m
l
August 25, 2012 8:59:32 PM

this also fixed the flashplayer problem i open up 5 youtube tabs at 1080 and they all ran smothley at 20% cpu
m
l
!