Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Finished the build, now what?

Last response: in Systems
May 8, 2012 11:14:56 PM

Hi guys, First timer.

so everything is in and it works. Everything seems to be fine. Kinda waiting for the the epic crash.....

What do I have to do now? What checks should I make/must make?

thanks

More about : finished build

Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
May 9, 2012 5:13:39 AM

You're welcome.
May 9, 2012 5:20:09 AM

but is that it? just those 2 checks?
May 9, 2012 5:22:04 AM

nikor what are those test's for?
a b B Homebuilt system
May 9, 2012 5:31:25 AM

IntelBurnTest

Stress your computer to find out how stable it is

Stability is what we should look for when building a computer or getting one already put-together. There isn't anything wrong with putting a PC to stress, unless is faulty. Nobody needs a ready-to-crash computer and if there's anything wrong with it, we should find out in the shortest possible time. With this thought in mind, developers have worked with scientists in order to deliver top-notch benchmarking tools based on elaborate mathematical algorithms.

IntelBurnTest is one of those applications. It is based on the Intel Linpack, a very demanding application that stresses the components of the PC to high extents. If you're unsure of the cooling power of your rig, we recommend that you firstly check it out with some temperature reading apps and then go for a test. Until then, you may use this software at your own risk, although you don't have to be an extreme overclocker to push your PC around to see whether it's a winner or not.

IntelBurnTest packs the technology used by Intel in their lab tests before the CPUs are approved and released. This sounds assuring enough; however the list of its benefits does not stop here. The application is recommended to be run on x64 systems because of the higher accuracy these systems provide. It takes less of your time to inform you of the stability of your system than Prime95. Considering the fact that Prime95 is one of the highly praised tools in the field, that can only come as a huge plus.

The GUI of the program is neat – there's nothing fancy about it and it's all done in a serious manner, depicting the fact that it is performance-oriented. We can choose between several stress levels and times that the benchmark will run. Users will also be able to set the number of threads used during the operation. The elapsed time of the testing process depends on the performance of your PC and the settings of the application.

IntelBurnTest will display results in real-time as well as a message at the end of the test that sums it up for you. The thing you have to look for is that you receive the same values in the results column of the output section. The speed is also recorded during the benchmark and it will be shown in GFlops (Giga Floating-point operations per second). All in all, using this program will answer the question about whether you own a truly stable PC or not.
a b B Homebuilt system
May 9, 2012 5:35:47 AM

And for the GPU u can use http://www.3dmark.com/3dmark11/

3DMark 11 Video Card Benchmark for Windows 7 PC

3DMark 11 is the latest version of the world’s most popular benchmark. Designed to measure your PC’s gaming performance 3DMark 11 makes extensive use of all the new features in DirectX 11 including tessellation, compute shaders and multi-threading. Trusted by gamers worldwide to give accurate and unbiased results, 3DMark 11 is the best way to consistently and reliably test DirectX 11 under game-like loads.
May 9, 2012 5:37:03 AM

so that is to seee if the PC is stable?

well thank you
a b B Homebuilt system
May 9, 2012 5:39:45 AM

Well, if u push the HW, u want to know if it is stable, right?

I don't even put it in the case without running the test.

Sometimes things are broken, so u can return them.
May 9, 2012 5:45:12 AM

nikorr said:
Well, if u push the HW, u want to know if it is stable, right?

I don't even put it in the case without running the test.

Sometimes things are broken, so u can return them.

O.O, another cons about building it yourself.

and Hw is?
a b B Homebuilt system
May 9, 2012 5:49:44 AM

Cons?

HW = hardware
May 9, 2012 6:20:32 AM

nikorr said:
Cons?

HW = hardware

another bad thing about building it yourself.

but i dont think is that bad if you see 5 different tutorials before the day it comes in lol.
a b B Homebuilt system
May 9, 2012 6:23:56 AM

U are paying to some one to put together a PC?
May 9, 2012 6:29:34 AM

nikorr said:
U are paying to some one to put together a PC?

nope i will put it myself. [ i need to learn]

[ we should stop asking question each other it seems that we are taking his thread from the one that made it.]
a b B Homebuilt system
May 9, 2012 6:43:03 AM

U don't say.
a b B Homebuilt system
May 9, 2012 6:43:19 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
!