Nokia 3510i

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 12, 2004 10:21:55 PM

I am interested in getting this phone as part of a good one year Vodafone
package. Are there any views on it in this news group?
TIA

--
Mike

More about : nokia 3510i

Anonymous
May 13, 2004 5:41:55 AM

On Wed, 12 May 2004 18:21:55 +0100, Mike wrote:

> I am interested in getting this phone as part of a good one year Vodafone
> package. Are there any views on it in this news group?

All depends on what you need in a mobile-phone.

The 3510i is a pretty cheap phone these days, and it's usually found
offered on PAYG rather than contract. There are better specified (more
expensive) handsets to be had for *free* on a one year pay-monthly Voda
contract

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 10:47:09 AM

Mike wrote:
> *I am interested in getting this phone as part of a good one year
> Vodafone
> package. Are there any views on it in this news group?
> TIA
>
> --
> Mike *

Well it is a good basic phone. the size is a little large for my taste,
but it feels good in ones hand.

--
Trekker56

I don't have a cool sig. :(

*FS:* Nokia 3310(unlocked). Contact me for details

:borg:
http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t121485.html
Related resources
May 13, 2004 1:03:34 PM

On Thu, 13 May 2004 01:41:55 +0100, michael turner wrote:

> On Wed, 12 May 2004 18:21:55 +0100, Mike wrote:
>
>> I am interested in getting this phone as part of a good one year Vodafone
>> package. Are there any views on it in this news group?
>
> All depends on what you need in a mobile-phone.
>
> The 3510i is a pretty cheap phone these days, and it's usually found
> offered on PAYG rather than contract. There are better specified (more
> expensive) handsets to be had for *free* on a one year pay-monthly Voda
> contract

Thanks for that. My needs are quite basic and the package looked good
value at £17.50 a month (but with 6 months rebated in two instalments, one
of three months after three months and the other of three months after nine
months). So the net cost per month over the year would be £8.50. It
provides:

1) 1000 off peak minutes
2) £6 of SMS/MMS/data per month

--
Mike
Anonymous

"Trekker56" <Trekker56.167122@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

> Mike wrote:
> > *I am interested in getting this phone as part of a good one year
> > Vodafone
> > package. Are there any views on it in this news group?
> > TIA
> >
> > --
> > Mike *
>
> Well it is a good basic phone. the size is a little large for my taste,
> but it feels good in ones hand.

The colour screen is inpossible to read when not illuminated. I had one
for 11 minutes then sold it..!

Ivor
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 7:17:55 PM

On Thu, 13 May 2004 09:03:34 +0100, Mike wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2004 01:41:55 +0100, michael turner wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 12 May 2004 18:21:55 +0100, Mike wrote:
>>
>>> I am interested in getting this phone as part of a good one year Vodafone
>>> package. Are there any views on it in this news group?
>>
>> All depends on what you need in a mobile-phone.
>>
>> The 3510i is a pretty cheap phone these days, and it's usually found
>> offered on PAYG rather than contract. There are better specified (more
>> expensive) handsets to be had for *free* on a one year pay-monthly Voda
>> contract
>
> Thanks for that. My needs are quite basic and the package looked good
> value at £17.50 a month (but with 6 months rebated in two instalments, one
> of three months after three months and the other of three months after nine
> months). So the net cost per month over the year would be £8.50. It
> provides:
>
> 1) 1000 off peak minutes
> 2) £6 of SMS/MMS/data per month

Sounds like a good offer to me....go for it.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 12:46:51 AM

"Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> wrote in

> "Trekker56" <Trekker56.167122@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
> message news:Trekker56.167122@nospam.cellphoneforums.net...
>>
>> Mike wrote:
>> > *I am interested in getting this phone as part of a good one year
>> > Vodafone
>> > package. Are there any views on it in this news group?
>> > TIA
>> >
>> > --
>> > Mike *
>>
>> Well it is a good basic phone. the size is a little large for my
>> taste, but it feels good in ones hand.
>
> The colour screen is inpossible to read when not illuminated. I had
> one for 11 minutes then sold it..!
>

> Ivor

I owned one for 4 weeks and sold it: nasty rubber keypad and had the
tendency to restart often. The orange 'lights' may annoy you after a
while too!

A bit bigger than a 3310...

But, if it's with a good package, it may suit you. Just don't expect to
be blown away by it... it's just OK.

--
sA
Anonymous

"Mike" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> I am interested in getting this phone as part of a good one year Vodafone
> package. Are there any views on it in this news group?
> TIA
>
> --
> Mike

I *was* gonna get it, but then seen the Nokia 3200. I was put off by the
keypad of the 3200, but too many people have judged the keypad before using
it. I can still out-text my friends after having it only a week, learning
the new layout takes hours...not days. The 3200 is just the Swiss army knife
of colour, entry level Nokia's, it has the lot (camera, FM radio, 16 chord
polyphonics [shits on 7210 and 7250's 4 chord], it even has a torch!!! I'm
so glad I got this over the 3510i. My mate had a 3510i and he says it's not
very durable, it squeaks when held and the keypad feels 'tacky'. Put the
small few £/$'s extra in for the 3200, I would. (or even the 3100, both can
be picked up at a good price already)
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 4:27:23 AM

On Fri, 14 May 2004 22:35:22 +0100, Chogaire wrote:

> "Mike" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> I am interested in getting this phone as part of a good one year Vodafone
>> package. Are there any views on it in this news group?
>> TIA
>>
>> --
>> Mike
>
> I *was* gonna get it, but then seen the Nokia 3200. I was put off by the
> keypad of the 3200, but too many people have judged the keypad before using
> it. I can still out-text my friends after having it only a week, learning
> the new layout takes hours...not days. The 3200 is just the Swiss army knife
> of colour, entry level Nokia's, it has the lot (camera, FM radio, 16 chord
> polyphonics [shits on 7210 and 7250's 4 chord], it even has a torch!!!

WTF...A torch !?!?...BTW is it actually any good as a mobile-phone ? i.e.
making and receiving phonecalls. And what's the battery life like ?

<snipped>

--
Michael Turner (A happy Nokia 6310i owner)

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 4:56:05 AM

On Sat, 15 May 2004 00:27:23 +0100, michael turner wrote:

> On Fri, 14 May 2004 22:35:22 +0100, Chogaire wrote:
>

>> "Mike" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>>> I am interested in getting this phone as part of a good one year Vodafone
>>> package. Are there any views on it in this news group?
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mike
>>
>> I *was* gonna get it, but then seen the Nokia 3200. I was put off by the
>> keypad of the 3200, but too many people have judged the keypad before using
>> it. I can still out-text my friends after having it only a week, learning
>> the new layout takes hours...not days. The 3200 is just the Swiss army knife
>> of colour, entry level Nokia's, it has the lot (camera, FM radio, 16 chord
>> polyphonics [shits on 7210 and 7250's 4 chord], it even has a torch!!!
>
> WTF...A torch !?!?...BTW is it actually any good as a mobile-phone ? i.e.
> making and receiving phonecalls. And what's the battery life like ?

Another thing with the 3200. It's got a camera, so how do you transfer the
photos to the PC ? This thing ain't got iRDA or Bluetooth, you MUST *buy*
the optional extra DKU-5 cable...stupid or what ?

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 6:59:55 AM

michael turner wrote:

> Another thing with the 3200. It's got a camera, so how do you
> transfer the photos to the PC ? This thing ain't got iRDA or
> Bluetooth, you MUST *buy* the optional extra DKU-5 cable...stupid or
> what ?

It does have infrared. Sending receiving pictures/ringtones to/from a pc is
a breeze.

HTH,
Chris.
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 10:04:33 PM

"southpawArcher" <rgb73NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote

> I owned one for 4 weeks and sold it: nasty rubber keypad and had the
> tendency to restart often. The orange 'lights' may annoy you after a
> while too!
>
> A bit bigger than a 3310...

Sorry mate, but you're talking bollocks.

The 3310i is exactly the same size and shape to a 3310. Orange lights - how
can this possibly be annoying???

The keypad is very hard wearing, as is the phone. If fact I'd say it's of a
much better build quality than the 6600. I know, I own one of each.

And restarting often???? where did you get that one from???
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 10:04:34 PM

"Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
> "southpawArcher" <rgb73NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote
>
> > I owned one for 4 weeks and sold it: nasty rubber keypad and had the
> > tendency to restart often. The orange 'lights' may annoy you after a
> > while too!
> >
> > A bit bigger than a 3310...
>
> Sorry mate, but you're talking bollocks.
>
> The 3310i is exactly the same size and shape to a 3310. Orange lights -
how
> can this possibly be annoying???

Erm... we're talking about a 3510i, there is no such thing as a 3310i, did
you mean a 3330..? And I found the orange lighting to be annoying too, as
was the inability to read anything on the colour screen when it wasn't
illuminated.

> The keypad is very hard wearing, as is the phone. If fact I'd say it's
of a
> much better build quality than the 6600. I know, I own one of each.
>
> And restarting often???? where did you get that one from???

Perhaps because his does..?

Ivor
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 10:44:39 PM

Sorry, I misread - I thought it said 3510i, which does have orange lights
that are most definitely not annoying.

He may not be talking bollocks after all, but if he was referring to the
3510i I stand by my original statement.

"Ivor Jones" <this.address@notvalid.inv> wrote in message

> "Rob Tompsett" <rob.N0SpaM.@rtphoto.net> wrote in message
> > "southpawArcher" <rgb73NO@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote
> >
> > > I owned one for 4 weeks and sold it: nasty rubber keypad and had the
> > > tendency to restart often. The orange 'lights' may annoy you after a
> > > while too!
> > >
> > > A bit bigger than a 3310...
> >
> > Sorry mate, but you're talking bollocks.
> >
> > The 3310i is exactly the same size and shape to a 3310. Orange lights -
> how
> > can this possibly be annoying???
>
> Erm... we're talking about a 3510i, there is no such thing as a 3310i, did
> you mean a 3330..? And I found the orange lighting to be annoying too, as
> was the inability to read anything on the colour screen when it wasn't
> illuminated.
>
> > The keypad is very hard wearing, as is the phone. If fact I'd say it's
> of a
> > much better build quality than the 6600. I know, I own one of each.
> >
> > And restarting often???? where did you get that one from???
>
> Perhaps because his does..?
>
> Ivor

Anonymous
May 17, 2004 12:21:01 AM

"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.05.14.23.27.21.943000@ivetva.arg...

> WTF...A torch !?!?...

Yep. A powerfull one at that.

BTW is it actually any good as a mobile-phone ? i.e.
> making and receiving phonecalls. And what's the battery life like ?

Great reception. Battery life is OK, there is better of course.....250hrs
standby/4hrs talk. It's a great phone!
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 12:22:14 AM

"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in
> Another thing with the 3200. It's got a camera, so how do you transfer the
> photos to the PC ? This thing ain't got iRDA or Bluetooth, you MUST *buy*
> the optional extra DKU-5 cable...stupid or what ?

Guess again Sherlock! IrDA port on top.
!