Odd system slow down, CPU or potential motherboard issue

formemaistresse

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
So recently replaced the stock CPU fan with a Cooler Master RR-V6GT-22PK-R1. Was having a issues with some minor overheating most likely due to dried out thermal grease and determined I may as well buy a new fan altogether.

Post installation the system has been running terribly - significant slow down in games and upon log in. With a 50-75% decreased in FPS on benchmark, it's running like an old woman with a walker or a computer with serious memory issues. I honestly think I have exhausted my modicum of computer knowledge attempting to get to the bottom of this. I can tell you that there is no current signs of over heating. I have run HWMonitor, SpeedFan, CPU-Z, and Windows 7 Recourse Monitor and haven't found any noticeable anomalies. I've checked and rechecked the fan connectivity, reset the CMOS, ran Memtest, and sacrificed a goat. I got nothing.

Admittedly I had a temporary fix for about 48 hours by changing the the power profile from "Balanced" to "High Performance"; though at some point in the wee hours of the morning the computer restated itself and no amount of power profiling seems to change the outcome at this point (PSU issue?). Any ideas would be lovely, though I am not opposed to simply buying a completely new set-up as this one has given me enough grief over the past two years.

The Goods:
CPU: Intel-i7 930
MOBO: ASUS P6T7 WS Super Computer
RAM: 8 GB Muskin Red Line DDR3 (Tri-Channel Mobo so running 6GB at the moment until sorted)
GPU: x2 Geforce GTX 480 SLI (Currently running 1 until this is sorted)
PSU: Corsair TX850M 850W

TRENDING THREADS