Will my processor be alright? (Phenom X3 8650)

I am using AMD Phenom X3 8650.
I've re-apply the thermal paste and the temp got 60 C on idle and became ~80 C on full load in hours, a lil bit better than before (~70 C).
I checked the BIOS, the warning alarm set on 80 C and the automatic shutdown set on 90 C, while the target temperature is 50 C. Then, I set the fan into 4688RPM (it was 4400RPM), but the temp only decreased by 0,5 C.

Is it a normal temperature and a good setting for Phenom X3 8650?
I am using this processor with this condition in 3 year. Should I buy a new cooler?
The case is Simbadda V10852 using 600W power supply (my system watt usage is ~380W). The motherboard is abit an52v.

Thanks for reading my question guys :D
12 answers Last reply
More about will processor alright phenom 8650
  1. re apply the thermal paste, make sure to use about a pea sized dot in the middle, and let the cooler spread it out

and remember to clean off the cpu+heat spreader, best with 90% alcohol, but 70% works well too
  2. nna2 said:
    re apply the thermal paste, make sure to use about a pea sized dot in the middle, and let the cooler spread it out

and remember to clean off the cpu+heat spreader, best with 90% alcohol, but 70% works well too

reapplied the thermal paste and cleaned the cpu+cooler, nothing changes...

EDIT: the RPM goes down while the processor temp is not changed. does it mean the cooler becomes more efficient?
  3. what paste are you using? some have to cure and will get better over time (such as arctic silver 5)
  4. Im using ZP heatsink thermal compound.
    The heat conductivity is >1.22W/m.k. Its not very effective.. -__-

Gonna change it. btw should i change my cooler too? i have around 100$ budget to spend, any recommendation?
  5. CM hyper 212 +/evo is what i reccomend, keeps my overclocked PHII cold
  6. whoa.. a lot of nice review on the net about it. ill look forward into buying it :D

( i hope i found it here -__- )
  7. max temp Phenom X3 is 71C ... ^+1 CM hyper 212 +/evo
  8. if I had $100 budget with that system, the first thing I would be looking at is if the motherbd can run and Athlon II or Phenom II cpu...
  9. popatim said:
    if I had $100 budget with that system, the first thing I would be looking at is if the motherbd can run and Athlon II or Phenom II cpu...

I am afraid that i have to change the cooler after buying it... :(
  10. They come with a cooler. unless you want to overclock then the stock one is fine.
  11. Make sure the mounts on the motherbd for the cooler aren't loose.
  12. i see.. thank you for your answers :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Thermal Compound Phenom