Windows XP Default Open File Setup

December 15, 2004 1:31:04 PM

Alrighty, I've got a good one.

I've got a user that wants to set up his Outlook so that when he goes to
attach a file, it opens, by default, to a specific Directory other than the
My Documents Folder. I tried checking in the registry under
HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft
Outlook\Settings\Insert File and found some keys in that folder, but it's
binary, and I'm not even sure if that's where I should be to change this.

Is it possible to change the default Insert File location, and if so, how?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
--
William
~My work is a game, a very serious game.

"William Anderson" <wanderson75@hotmail.com> wrote:
| I've got a user that wants to set up his Outlook so that when he goes to
| attach a file, it opens, by default, to a specific Directory other than the
| My Documents Folder. I tried checking in the registry under
| HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common\Open Find\Microsoft
| Outlook\Settings\Insert File and found some keys in that folder, but it's
| binary, and I'm not even sure if that's where I should be to change this.
|
| Is it possible to change the default Insert File location, and if so, how?
|
| Any help is much appreciated.

If you get no help here, then for expert help with
IE, MyIE2/Maxthon, Outlook (Express),
visit http://forum.aumha.org/viewforum.php?f=7
!