GPS receiver software for Nokia 6600

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 13, 2004 12:43:29 AM

I have a Bluetooth GPS reciever unit and wondering if there is an app
the Nokia 6600 that can read the data from the GPS unit?

I don't need maps or anything fancy, just a simple Lat/Lon readout.

Many thanks
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 3:08:23 AM

In article <bv25a0dseuo8ue81gj9b7mhu0gdpale6hr@4ax.com>,
timwap@yahoo.co.uk says...
> I have a Bluetooth GPS reciever unit and wondering if there is an app
> the Nokia 6600 that can read the data from the GPS unit?
>
> I don't need maps or anything fancy, just a simple Lat/Lon readout.
>
> Many thanks

there's several, and a couple free. Check out the GPS Applicatins -
Series 60 Section here:

http://my-symbian.info/7650/applications/category.php?f...
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 7:29:42 AM

Spiro wrote:
> In article <bv25a0dseuo8ue81gj9b7mhu0gdpale6hr@4ax.com>,
> timwap@yahoo.co.uk says...
>
>>I have a Bluetooth GPS reciever unit and wondering if there is an app
>>the Nokia 6600 that can read the data from the GPS unit?
>>
>>I don't need maps or anything fancy, just a simple Lat/Lon readout.
>>
>>Many thanks
>>

> there's several, and a couple free. Check out the GPS Applicatins -
> Series 60 Section here:
>
> http://my-symbian.info/7650/applications/category.php?f...

Do you have to have an external hardware GPS receiver also? Or is this
built in to the 6600?
May 14, 2004 3:57:49 AM

In article <GYBoc.11001$Fo4.144434@typhoon.sonic.net>,
dukeofurl@sonic.net says...

> Do you have to have an external hardware GPS receiver also? Or is this
> built in to the 6600?

no gps built into 6600 unfortunately. For some neat suggestions google
"bluetooth gps receiver" (include double quotes)
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 4:50:00 PM

Try this:
http://www.symbianware.com/download.php?id=powernavigat...