GPS receiver software for Nokia 6600

I have a Bluetooth GPS reciever unit and wondering if there is an app
the Nokia 6600 that can read the data from the GPS unit?

I don't need maps or anything fancy, just a simple Lat/Lon readout.

Many thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about receiver software nokia 6600

    In article <bv25a0dseuo8ue81gj9b7mhu0gdpale6hr@4ax.com>,
    timwap@yahoo.co.uk says...
    > I have a Bluetooth GPS reciever unit and wondering if there is an app
    > the Nokia 6600 that can read the data from the GPS unit?
    >
    > I don't need maps or anything fancy, just a simple Lat/Lon readout.
    >
    > Many thanks

    there's several, and a couple free. Check out the GPS Applicatins -
    Series 60 Section here:

    http://my-symbian.info/7650/applications/category.php?fldAuto=30

    Spiro wrote:
    > In article <bv25a0dseuo8ue81gj9b7mhu0gdpale6hr@4ax.com>,
    > timwap@yahoo.co.uk says...
    >
    >>I have a Bluetooth GPS reciever unit and wondering if there is an app
    >>the Nokia 6600 that can read the data from the GPS unit?
    >>
    >>I don't need maps or anything fancy, just a simple Lat/Lon readout.
    >>
    >>Many thanks
    >>

    > there's several, and a couple free. Check out the GPS Applicatins -
    > Series 60 Section here:
    >
    > http://my-symbian.info/7650/applications/category.php?fldAuto=30

    Do you have to have an external hardware GPS receiver also? Or is this
    built in to the 6600?

    In article <GYBoc.11001$Fo4.144434@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    dukeofurl@sonic.net says...

    > Do you have to have an external hardware GPS receiver also? Or is this
    > built in to the 6600?

    no gps built into 6600 unfortunately. For some neat suggestions google
    "bluetooth gps receiver" (include double quotes)

    Try this:
    http://www.symbianware.com/download.php?id=powernavigation60&pl=n6600

    "Tim" <timwap@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I have a Bluetooth GPS reciever unit and wondering if there is an app
    > the Nokia 6600 that can read the data from the GPS unit?
    >
    > I don't need maps or anything fancy, just a simple Lat/Lon readout.
    >
    > Many thanks

Nokia GPS Software