canon eos20d

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 3, 2005 10:13:55 PM

I'd like to know if the Canon EOS 20D is infra-red sensitive.

Bernard

More about : canon eos20d

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 10:13:56 PM

In article <DVVxe.33800$IX4.9901@twister.nyc.rr.com>,
"Bernard Saper" <bsaper@nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> I'd like to know if the Canon EOS 20D is infra-red sensitive.
>
> Bernard

The Canon 20Da is maybe what you're looking for. It has a less
aggressive filter for use in astrophotography.
July 3, 2005 10:13:57 PM

"Kevin McMurtrie" <mcmurtri@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> In article <DVVxe.33800$IX4.9901@twister.nyc.rr.com>,
> "Bernard Saper" <bsaper@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to know if the Canon EOS 20D is infra-red sensitive.
>>
>> Bernard
>
> The Canon 20Da is maybe what you're looking for. It has a less
> aggressive filter for use in astrophotography.

Still not IR sensitive, the s0Da is "extended to 636.3nm H<alpha> which is
still in the visible red spectrum. The 20Da still blocks IR, the mod was so
red nebulae would record.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 12:14:12 AM

"Bernard Saper" <bsaper@nyc.rr.com> writes:
> I'd like to know if the Canon EOS 20D is infra-red sensitive.

It is (all digital cameras are) - but very much less so than
most other DSLRs. For instance, it is about 8 stops less
sensitive than the Nikon D70.

I maintain a page where i compile IR-sensitivity data for
various digital cameras - as well as sample pictures:
http://folk.uio.no/gisle/photo/ir.html