Core 2 Duo late.

Whizzard9992

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
Well, D-Day is here and surprise surprise, no Core 2 Duo in-stock anywhere.

It seems 8/6/06 is the actual launch date.

90% of the US enthusiasts are pumped on life about 7/27. Why give out that date for months in advance if you're going to &%$# it up?

:evil: :evil:

System builders like Dell gets them first.

Same deal when AM2 Athlon 64 was launched on May 23rd. You could only buy a complete PC with the AM2 Athlon 64 on that date. People had to wait about a week (4 days?) before retailers started to sell the individual CPUs.

This phenomenon shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who follows these launch dates.

vsamaco

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
Surprisely zzf had them for $199 from 9pm-11pm last night, and the orders were actually processed today. But elsewhere, ya the conroe is pretty much no where in sight today...

RichPLS

Champion
It is no surprize, they have or had them, and if you want/wanted one, you have to seek and place your order... if you are wise and lucky you will get yours within a couple of days or first in line for next stocking...
But to not order one, and just post a bitch thread shows your actual intent in posting, and it is more about jealousy and not about availablity... :wink:

dt

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004

90% of the US enthusiasts are pumped on life about 7/27. Why give out that date for months in advance if you're going to &%$# it up?

if i had a dollar for everyone i told that it was going to be a delay.... well let just say i would have alot of money :)

MadHacker

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
the store i deal with told me they wou;ldn't have the E6600 in stock untill August 18th. and is listed at $402 CDN so i have to wait...
I have waited this long so what is another few weeks...

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

A) it is D Day, and they are in stock
B) the day is far from over, with more ads to appear as the day progresses
C) Tiger Direct @ 3:00 PM EST
D) NewEgg @ (supposedly) 11:30AM EST
E) ZipZoomFly @ right now

F) Peace :wink:

sony3127

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
A lot of the websites I've gone to have said they should be available TODAY at 3PM EST/ 12PM PST. Besides, who wants to pay these high @$$ prices today? Just wait a little bit and they will come down as more ship from Intel.

ches111

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Please read the THG article about todays release of Conroe processors @ 11:30 PST...

When working for a large computer retailer we were only allowed to release M$oft products at the time they told us. Just happened to be 12:01am on the day of the release..

We had them in stock but could not even say anything.

As stated watch as the day progresses..

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Please read the THG article about todays release of Conroe processors @ 11:30 PST...

When working for a large computer retailer we were only allowed to release M$oft products at the time they told us. Just happened to be 12:01am on the day of the release..

We had them in stock but could not even say anything.

As stated watch as the day progresses..

Yup... its not just the computer industry either. I remember a few times where CD retailers would have CD's on shelves weeks before the release date... of course if the label found out they'd be in a bit of trouble.

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Guys, it's just now 12:00 noon on the East Coast. It's 9:00 AM in CA. This is just day 1 of the new product introduction and I'm not surprised that some outlets don't have stock available yet. I'm, also, not surprised that those that do will try a little "price gouging" - if you don't fall for it, the prices will normalize.

Give the thing a few days. I'm sure, product will be available as things get rolling.

Check this Intel site: Where to Buy - US. Seems they are taking care of the OEM's before they are fully stocking the retail outlets.

I'm locking this thread, because I want everybody to relax and stop this "paper launch" BS ... :wink: