Your question

Final Check for $1100 D3 Build In Prep for the 15th

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Intel
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 9, 2012 5:29:19 AM

Hey guys, I've asked a lot of questions and received lots of sound advice over the past 2 weeks regarding my build and I have finalized it. I would just like to post it for a last minute check before I purchase it all. Budget is $1000-$1100 not including peripherals.

MB - MSI Z77A-G45 OR ASUS P8Z77-V LX
CPU - Intel Core i5-3570K

MSI Z77A-G45 Intel 7 Series Z77 Motherboard and Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40 GHz Quad Core Unlocked Bundle

ASUS P8Z77-V LX Intel 7 Series Motherboard and Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40 GHz Quad Core Unlocked Bundle

GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD 7850

Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 860MHZ 2GB 4.8GBPS GDDR5 DVI HDMI 2XMINIDP PCI-E Video Card

RAM - GSKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB

GSKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB PC3-12800 Dual Channel DDR3 Kit (2 x 4GB)

SSD - Crucial 128GB m4

Crucial CT128M4SSD2CCA 128GB m4 2.5" SSD with Data Transfer Kit - 128GB, SATA, RAID, 2.5"6 GB/s

HD - Any decent 1TB 7200RPM HD I see when I walk into the store. Any suggestions?

CPU Cooler - Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro CPU Cooler <-- Question: Do I need such a cooler If I don't plan on OC'ing over 4.5?

Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro CPU Cooler

Case - Trying to pick the best one. Suggestions here would be awesome. Several people have encouraged me to get either the Antec Performance One P280 Case, Fractal Design Arc, Cooler Master HAF 922 Mid Tower, or the Carbide Series 300R Case

Antec Performance One P280 Case

PSU - I've been recommended either the PC Power & Cooling PPCMK2S750 Silencer Mk II

PC Power & Cooling PPCMK2S750 Silencer Mk II Power Supply - 750W, 80 Plus Silver, 135mm Fan, SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, Active PFC

Any comment/advice is greatly appreciated. I've checked over my compatibility and everything should work out but if I have missed something, please do let me know, returning components through shipping is not something I would like to do. For my GPU I think the PSU selected should be fine but if anyone has reason to doubt this, please share as well. Lastly, are the places that I am purchasing from in good standing? Anyone have any horror stories to share that might make me think twice about who I order from? The green light from you guys really means a lot and will definitely help me sleep better knowing that my build is approved by knowledgeable people. Thank you all so much!

More about : final check 1100 build prep 15th

May 9, 2012 6:08:20 AM

sumoboy said:

MB - MSI Z77A-G45 OR ASUS P8Z77-V LX
CPU - Intel Core i5-3570K

MSI Z77A-G45 Intel 7 Series Z77 Motherboard and Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40 GHz Quad Core Unlocked Bundle.

ASUS P8Z77-V LX Intel 7 Series Motherboard and Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40 GHz Quad Core Unlocked Bundle

Both of them are best companies for the products.Which one of the product company gives you a better customer support in your locality should be your choice.

sumoboy said:
HD - Any decent 1TB 7200RPM HD I see when I walk into the store. Any suggestions?

Seagate or WD

sumoboy said:
CPU Cooler - Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro CPU Cooler <-- Question: Do I need such a cooler If I don't plan on OC'ing over 4.5?

Yes,You will require this cooler because overclocking will always result in extra heat generation even if you clock few Mhz.Which needs to properly be tackled before it cause some real major damage to your processor.
:) 
m
l
May 9, 2012 1:05:16 PM

HDD: 'Western Digital Caviar Black' is the best for quality/value or if you want to save a few bucks you could go with Seagate Barracuda. But I suggest WD Black.

I don't like any of those cases. If any, the Carbide Series 300R Case. because it has intake and exhaust. The P280 only has exhaust, bad airflow. I bought a cheap case with 2 intakes and 2 exhausts on the opposite side of the case, who cares that it looks like a black box!

Whichever mobo you decide to get, it's always a good idea to go on the website (but they don't always update right away) or call and make sure the RAM is supported. Shouldn't worry too much about it, as long as its 1.5v but you can never be too careful.

Looks like a solid build.
m
l
!