Sign in with
Your question

Will this heatsink fit on my specification?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Heatsinks
  • Motherboards
Last response: in CPUs
August 25, 2012 7:06:25 PM

I want to get this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002G392ZI/ref=asc_df_B002G3...

But im not sure if it will fit on my Mobo for my AMD Phenom 955 X4 BE.

You see my stock heatsink had these latches and a lever that would attatch onto the motherboard. It was very hard to do, the lever was very very stiff and took a scary amount of strength to push it down. I thought it would break the CPU.

The picture shown on amazon doesnt have any latches on either side, or a lever. How will it fit on my motherboard and CPU? You think that will work on my CPU and Mobo?

More about : heatsink fit specification

a c 78 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 25, 2012 7:28:20 PM

Yes it should work.

From looking at the pictures it looks like you remove the plastic brackets on the motherboard that your stock cooler mounts to gets replaced with an included bracket that comes with that cooler. Thats just a guess on my part, but I think an accurate one.

I'm not sure if thats the best cooler to get though honestly. I'd look at something like a CoolerMaster 212+.

And yes, when installing the stock heatsink on AMD chips, its "normal" to be paranoid that you're going to break it. They are indeed stiff.
August 26, 2012 6:59:51 AM

nekulturny said:
Yes it should work.

From looking at the pictures it looks like you remove the plastic brackets on the motherboard that your stock cooler mounts to gets replaced with an included bracket that comes with that cooler. Thats just a guess on my part, but I think an accurate one.

I'm not sure if thats the best cooler to get though honestly. I'd look at something like a CoolerMaster 212+.

And yes, when installing the stock heatsink on AMD chips, its "normal" to be paranoid that you're going to break it. They are indeed stiff.

you would most likey be correct, and as you said, that "scary" amount of pressure is a good thing it insures a good contact between the cooler and cpu heat spreader.
Related resources
August 28, 2012 10:31:17 PM

your quite welcome my good man.

BTW whadda yall think of my new build (in my sig)?
August 29, 2012 2:50:33 PM

Its cool i guess, i mean i feel that my computer is too powerful for the things i do (mainly browsing). I built my Pc so that i could play games, turns out i only played games for about a month, then i realized it was worthless having all this extra power. But if you regularly use it to its full potential its pretty damn amazing, however sounds expensive.

I would rather spend that money on something else, it seems you spent a hellish amount of money on that. I was actually going to spend an extra 100 quid on a new monitor, i am so glad that i didnt and saved that money! Im also glad that i didnt spend crap loads of money on my Pc like my friends did (who spend up to 1.5 grand!!!), BTW i only spent about 375 or so on my pc haha.

But ill be honest, your pc is beastly, its very powerful and very good. Not going to lie. But for me i would never really need that kind of power.

I actually kinda wish i spent less, got a worse graphics card and a worse CPU. Then again this may mean that this Pc will last longer in terms of speed and everything.
!