To buy [Homebuilt] or create [Newbuild] ?

Skabix

Honorable
May 9, 2012
I am new to the forums, so first off apologies as I've done some searching and the questions seem to be the same.

I want to know if the tower below will be enough to run D3 / GW2 with live stream and media editing / rendering. The tower is being priced as 500. With that my budget is 500, I will be buying the computer by the end of next week, I only need the tower, not over clocking either.

If the tower is not worth it I would appreciate any recommendations to either haggling and replacing parts or building a tower from scratch. The specs of the tower in question are below.

Thanks in advance, any feed back or questions or wry comments would be appreciated :hello:

intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93Ghz
Cooler Master 101 CPU Cooler
MSI P55M-GD45 Motherboard(Supports 16GB, 2-Way SLI)
8GB DDR3 1600 Gaming Ram
500GB 7200RPM Sata Drive
Nvidia GT420 1GB GDDR3 Graphics
520W PSU
DVD+/-RW Sata Drive

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Firstly, are we talking $ or £?

The components of that system are old...to get good performance, I would recommend updating the GPU. Additionally, unless you know the PSU is a good brand, I'd not bother as a generic PSU can be harmful to your system's health.

It is generally always better to build a PC yourself. The forum community can help you ID a build for your needs and the actual build process is simple as long as you take your time. There are plenty of guides both on this forum and on the wider t'internet. :)