Sign in with
Your question
Solved

650-900$ GAMING BUILD

Last response: in Systems
May 9, 2012 3:03:10 PM

Looking to build a budget gaming pc to run WoW, BF3, Diablo 3.
I have keyboard, mouse, speakers monitor. I may want to OC a bit. Not to worried about it though. I do prefer Intel, like i said it doesn't matter, i don't care what the parts are. My monitor resolution is 1920 x 1200. I want to have it built this month. I am in the US. New York to be exact so that's where it's assembled. All i do is game and surf the web. Nothing special. I'd prefer to have a window on the case,doesn't matter what size. Black outside and inside black also preferably. I apreciate it big time! Also with price. I will go to 900 but if we can keep it
under i wouldn't mind. Thanks again

More about : 650 900 gaming build

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
May 9, 2012 4:16:16 PM

WoW and Diablo 3 will not be al lthat super challenging as neither are super graphics intensive. BF3 on the other hand, can eat some GPU's for lunch. I have a system for you that should allow you to max them all, while still giving you excellent quality parts and the styling you are looking for.

Case = NZXT Apollo Case - 59.99
PSU = Antec BP550 Plus 550W Modular Power Supply - 64.99
CPU/Mobo = Intel Core i5-3450 & ASRock Z77 Pro4 Bundle - 304.98
RAM = G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) - 46.99
GPU = HIS Radeon HD 7850 - 239.99 (before $20.00 MIR)
HDD/Optical = WD Caviar Blue 500GB & LG 24x DVD Burner Bundle - 83.98
OS = Windows 7 64-bit - 99.99

TOTAL = $900.31 (Taxes if applicable, Shipping, Rebates not included)

Granted this is at your max budget you wanted, but it will allow you to more than max all the games you listed at the resolution you want, while still giving you a dominant quad core for the 64 player BF3 maps and large WoW raids.

I included an OS because you didn't list you had one, but if you do, than this system falls well within your budget. If you are a student you can get your OS for a lot cheaper and will still fall within your budget.
May 9, 2012 4:54:59 PM

Pezcore27 said:
WoW and Diablo 3 will not be al lthat super challenging as neither are super graphics intensive. BF3 on the other hand, can eat some GPU's for lunch. I have a system for you that should allow you to max them all, while still giving you excellent quality parts and the styling you are looking for.

Case = NZXT Apollo Case - 59.99
PSU = Antec BP550 Plus 550W Modular Power Supply - 64.99
CPU/Mobo = Intel Core i5-3450 & ASRock Z77 Pro4 Bundle - 304.98
RAM = G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) - 46.99
GPU = HIS Radeon HD 7850 - 239.99 (before $20.00 MIR)
HDD/Optical = WD Caviar Blue 500GB & LG 24x DVD Burner Bundle - 83.98
OS = Windows 7 64-bit - 99.99

TOTAL = $900.31 (Taxes if applicable, Shipping, Rebates not included)

Granted this is at your max budget you wanted, but it will allow you to more than max all the games you listed at the resolution you want, while still giving you a dominant quad core for the 64 player BF3 maps and large WoW raids.

I included an OS because you didn't list you had one, but if you do, than this system falls well within your budget. If you are a student you can get your OS for a lot cheaper and will still fall within your budget.

This is very very nice. And perfect pricing right now, I'll eventually keep adding better and better parts as i go on but i want something for now to work up with.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
May 9, 2012 5:01:07 PM

That build has perfect upgradability. You have a Z77 MB, so you can drop in a 3570K/3770K and Overclock in the future, but for now the 3450 with it's turbo boost will work just fine. The graphics card is the best bang for the buck out there right now. You get more than enough RAM. You get a quality modular PSU to help with cable management that has more than enough power for the system. And a great, easy to work with case that has the window that you were looking for without being to gaudy.

The rebate on that video card should bring the total to just under 900 after shipping.
m
l
May 9, 2012 5:22:18 PM

Pezcore27 said:
That build has perfect upgradability. You have a Z77 MB, so you can drop in a 3570K/3770K and Overclock in the future, but for now the 3450 with it's turbo boost will work just fine. The graphics card is the best bang for the buck out there right now. You get more than enough RAM. You get a quality modular PSU to help with cable management that has more than enough power for the system. And a great, easy to work with case that has the window that you were looking for without being to gaudy.

The rebate on that video card should bring the total to just under 900 after shipping.

The only thing I'm wondering is, if i should go 1tb hard drive or go with that one and just get a external hard drive. Because i record videos of pvp and tutorials on stuff also and it takes up a lot of space. What do you think?
m
l
May 9, 2012 5:27:18 PM

Best answer selected by dgkbiohazard.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 9, 2012 5:28:43 PM

I included that drive with that dvd bundle to keep it at your price range. You can get an external drive cheaper. Just record it to your primary drive, than move it to external.
m
l
May 9, 2012 5:33:32 PM

Then again. I can always take the dvd out of my computer i have now. And then buy a hard drive only?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 9, 2012 5:36:24 PM

If it is a sata connection dvd, then yes. If it isn't you will need an IDE to SATA connector. They run like $5.
m
l
May 9, 2012 5:37:23 PM

Pezcore27 said:
I included that drive with that dvd bundle to keep it at your price range. You can get an external drive cheaper. Just record it to your primary drive, than move it to external.

Well then I'll just go ahead and buy that bundle. It would be my best best in a way
I really appreciate all of the help.
m
l
May 9, 2012 5:44:07 PM

dgkbiohazard said:
The only thing I'm wondering is, if i should go 1tb hard drive or go with that one and just get a external hard drive. Because i record videos of pvp and tutorials on stuff also and it takes up a lot of space. What do you think?

if you really going to buy the windows cd, than dont do it, if not than yes add the litle money and put it on a 1tb. but you can always add another HDD later for more space, i think.

LOVE THE BUILD!!Dgk

but http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

that 700w cost almost the same, and can support future GPU upgrades.
m
l
May 9, 2012 5:48:07 PM

Pezcore27 said:
If it is a sata connection dvd, then yes. If it isn't you will need an IDE to SATA connector. They run like $5.

Actually the total is 800$ because i forgot to mention i already have that same OS.
m
l
May 9, 2012 5:53:39 PM

juniiflow said:
if you really going to buy the windows cd, than dont do it, if not than yes add the litle money and put it on a 1tb. but you can always add another HDD later for more space, i think.

LOVE THE BUILD!!Dgk

but http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

that 700w cost almost the same, and can support future GPU upgrades.

Thanks! I owe it to pezcore27. I'm looking forward to this!
m
l
!