Solved

How many Crossfire bridges needed?

Hey everyone,

So I have a HIS HD4850 GDDR3 and a Palit HD4870 Sonic Dual GDDR5. Right now I've got 1 Crossfire bridges connecting them but will adding another greatly impact on my performance?

Rig:
AMD Phenom x3 8600 (stock until cooler arrives)
Asus M3A32-MVP WiFi/AP
4x512mb pc6400 dual channel
WD Caviar Blue HDD
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about crossfire bridges needed
  1. Best answer
    You should really think about upgrading to more RAM.2GB is most likely bottlenecking everything in your rig.

Their was a review I found a while back that covered using more than 1 crossfire/SLI bridge but I can't find it.Basically it stated that their was a very slight increase in performance,roughly 1-3%.But that's a very small amount.Really you only need bridge if your just running a dual card setup.I would worry about it.
  2. only 1 bridge is needed!there are 2 connectors for those wanting to run tri/quad fire.
  3. You don't have to use both, but I too saw test that showed a tiny increase in performance, but it definitely didn't adversaly effect anything.

I'm using 2 bridges; it's the best place to keep that second bridge from getting lost anyways, so wether I get something out of it or not is not a goal.
  4. Best answer selected by _zxzxzx_.
  5. Thanks, I guess I won't have to spend extra on another bridge and yes I am planning to upgrade my ram soon.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Crossfire Graphics