Sign in with
Your question

ASUS XONAR DX PCI E

Last response: in Components
August 25, 2012 11:25:07 PM

I'm sure you have had this before people , but i just bought ASUS XONAR DX pci express souncard , and yeh , you guessed it , my compter won't recognse it , i have an acer aspire x5900 slimline pc with one free pci express slot which i have used to put the sound card in , this particular one needs power from supply unit , a "4 pin floppy" power cable which i have plugged in fine , from my coolmaster 600 watts psu.. i am on windows 7 64 bit PLLLEEEASSSSEE HELP!!!!!!!!

More about : asus xonar pci

a b Ĉ ASUS
August 28, 2012 11:45:43 AM

The card should be recognized as a C-Media Audio Device in the control panel if the power plug is inserted. I note this, because the connector is known to be hit and miss for some people.
August 29, 2012 1:51:00 AM

shiningforce2012 said:
I'm sure you have had this before people , but i just bought ASUS XONAR DX pci express souncard , and yeh , you guessed it , my compter won't recognse it , i have an acer aspire x5900 slimline pc with one free pci express slot which i have used to put the sound card in , this particular one needs power from supply unit , a "4 pin floppy" power cable which i have plugged in fine , from my coolmaster 600 watts psu.. i am on windows 7 64 bit PLLLEEEASSSSEE HELP!!!!!!!!

The sound card doesn't need the 4-pin floppy cable to work, but it does disable the onboard amplifier if there is no additional power. You get really low-volume sound out of the unit if the floppy cable is not plugged in. But the computer does recognize the card and such.

I believe you might need three drivers. The card itself uses the ASUS AV200 and the C-Media CMI8788 chips. The sound chips are actually a PCI interface and there is a PLX PEX8112 PCIe-to-PCI bridge chip to get them to work off a PCIe bus.

You might also try to make sure the PCIe slot is turned on in the BIOS since sometimes some OEM boards turn off slots that are not used as the machine comes from the factory.
!