Solved

HELP!!! First new build doesnt start

Hi Tomshardware

I have just finished assembling my first computer. But when i try to boot it the following happens:
Case light turns on, then turns off after a second
A second later, it turns on again, but nothing shows up at the monitor. It doesnt even indicate that it is connected to the pc. Everything inside the pc seems like its on, though. Though i didn't install an optical drive yet (as i lack the cables), the mobo should show the bios anyway, shouldn't it?

I have no idea what is causing this, and i would very much like your help
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help build doesnt start
  1. Go here:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems
    Work through the list..WORK, not just read!
    If you still have issues, tell us where in the list it is failing, and we will try to help!

    Good Luck!
  2. ASUS motherboard? Is there onboard video as well as a GPU? What are your system specs?
  3. Jim_L9 said:
    ASUS motherboard? Is there onboard video as well as a GPU? What are your system specs?


    Yes, it is an ASUS mobo, with integrated graphics.

    Mobo: ASUS P8Z68-V LE
    CPU: Core i5 I5-2500K 6 MB
    CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
    Power: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2
    RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 4 GB
    Video Card: MSI R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC
    (2 GB)
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1 TB
  4. Best answer
    Assuming that the monitor is just black but not showing the "No Signal" screen, check the 2 power supply connections on the motherboard; 8 pin and 24 pin.
  5. Zephids said:
    Assuming that the monitor is just black but not showing the "No Signal" screen, check the 2 power supply connections on the motherboard; 8 pin and 24 pin.


    Well the thing is, my monitor just blinks as it does when you have not powered the pc on yet (when there is absolutly no signal)
  6. VMord said:
    Well the thing is, my monitor just blinks as it does when you have not powered the pc on yet (when there is absolutly no signal)


    Are you connected to the discrete GPU cards or the intergrated graphics? It may just be that Bios is using your integrated graphics instead of your GPU cards.
  7. Best answer selected by VMord.
  8. [Solved] It was the RAM;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt New Build Systems