Overclocking i7 dell cpu

AdamAstro

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Hello, I needed some help. My dell computer i purchased last year seems to be struggling playing some newer games. I wanted to overclock my cpu which is an Intel i7 @2.67GHz. I have never overclocked before, never mind a dell which usually is designed so you dont tamper(so im told) with things.

Im running windows 7 pro and wanted some help overlocking. thanks for help if its provided :D

I have looked through my comp specs/receipt and such. For some reason I can't find any mobo on this list...either its under a very uncommon name or they just send you their standard default mobo?

Solution
For a CPU to be overclocked the clock multipliers need to be unlocked, thats only available if you buy a chip already unlocked by intel/amd.

Normally, OEMs will NOT sell you a PC with unlocked multiplier, because overclocking creates all sorts of warranty issues for them.

proton007

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
For a CPU to be overclocked the clock multipliers need to be unlocked, thats only available if you buy a chip already unlocked by intel/amd.

Normally, OEMs will NOT sell you a PC with unlocked multiplier, because overclocking creates all sorts of warranty issues for them.

Solution