Recently repaired computer causes router to crash.

LWM9181

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Hello,
I just recently had my hard drive replaced by the manufacturer of my computer (Lenovo) because it started clicking. When I got it back it started making my wireless router/DSL modem reset all the time. I didn't have this issue before. I'm running Windows 7 Home 64 Bit. While the computer was off being repaired I was using a Win XP machine and had it connected through Ethernet cable. I did not have any issues with the router/modem while the XP machine was connected. I tried connecting the Win 7 computer up through ethernet cable (hard wired) and it still crashes the router/modem. I also connected the XP machine back up (hard wired) to the router and had no problems. Someone please tell me what I can do to fix this. Is it possible that the wrong drivers were installed by the lenovo techs? I have also noticed that my touchpad does not work the same as it did before too. And is it possible that my laptop is making the router crash out due to wrong configurations?

enkidoe

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Did you check the routers logfiles? it could be somekind of malware/spyware(maybe smurf noticifation in logfiles on router) on your windows 7 machine. Try starting your machine in safe mode with networking. see what happens than.

LWM9181

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
The techs at lenovo repair depot put the wrong drivers on my machine when they replaced the hard drive. I went to the lenovo web site and got the proper drivers and all is well now.