No over clock is guaranteed. If you want to be sure you but a factory over clocked card.

Experience and knowledge tells me that 9 times out of 10 (because there are no guarantees right) that the EVGA card and the hawk would both attain higher clocks than either card you linked to.

Mactronix :)

The factory overclocked cards fall into two categories:

1. Factory overclocked cards with oversize coolers, moderate overclocks (830 - 900 Mhz) and reference PCB's with 4 - 6 phase VRM's that have limited ability to overclock much further......This includes MSI Twin Frozr (6 phases), EVGA (4 phases) and others.

2. Factory overclocked cards with oversize coolers, moderate overclocks (900 - 950 Mhz) and beefed up VRM's (7 or more phases) on the PCB's that have extreme ability to overclock. (well over 1000 Mhz and even up to 1070) .....This includes Asus DCII Cu TOP, Gigabyte, MSI Hawk / Lightning and others.

http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1104/pg19/asus-geforce-gtx-560-ti-directcu-ii-top-review-and-sli-performance-conclusion.html

Personally, since I'm paying the same amount for either..... I want the ones from No. 2

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Pros of superclocked - slightly faster by default, better cooling, usually quieter and possibly longer life.

Cons of superclocked- higher price, usually heat is expelled into your case by design

I usually avoid superclocked because from experience even the fastest factory overclocked models are only a few percentage points faster than the factory default and most factory default cards can be easily be OC'ed by you to the superclocked speeds at no extra cost. It usually isn't worth the effort though because the difference between the two speeds as I mentioned is usually negligible in games, maybe a couple of frames more here and then. I have seen some very high OC's that significantly improve performance but those usually require some voltage bumps and maybe even bios updates along with very good cooling. Unless the model card you are buying is on the edge of playability with most games it doesn't make a lot of sense to overclock.