Solved

5 possible PSU's, help plz?

8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. I really like the XFX , it's 80+ silver, so is the Corsair but that's way more power than you'll need. Even the XFX 850 is more than you'll need, but I don't they sell any lower powered Silver ones in the Core series anymore. But, $110 is a really good price for it, that's actually how much I paid for mine like 6 months ago (XFX 750 bronze).
  2. what 600w unit do you have? if it's a quality unit. it's enough for a GTX480

    the antec true power new has a good price to it but the 650w version would do the job for you just as well

    the corsair HX is nice if plan on adding another GTX480, otherwise its way overkill in the power department. all in all you picked good units
  3. ct1615 said:
    what 600w unit do you have? if it's a quality unit. it's enough for a GTX480

    the antec true power new has a good price to it but the 650w version would do the job for you just as well

    the corsair HX is nice if plan on adding another GTX480, otherwise its way overkill in the power department. all in all you picked good units



    600w no name, it only goes up to 500w though :(
  4. A corsair HX750 would be the most optimal choice. It can output up to 900W, regardless of this 750W will be fine for all of your needs.
  5. iknowhowtofixit said:
    None of the above
    I would get this awesome 80plus Plat unit sold under the Rosewill brand but made by ATNG - $111.99 - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182084

    Review here: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Rosewill-FORTRESS-650-Power-Supply-Review/1597/

    It is really hard to beat that for the money...



    not enough power; I will SLI 480's in the near future. Plus I live in Canada, hence buying from NCIX ;)
    I could get from the states' but then I need to wait about 3 weeks until the next time I'm over at my friends.
  6. iknowhowtofixit said:
    None of the above
    I would get this awesome 80plus Plat unit sold under the Rosewill brand but made by ATNG - $111.99 - http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182084

    Review here: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Rosewill-FORTRESS-650-Power-Supply-Review/1597/

    It is really hard to beat that for the money...



    it's non modular -_-
  7. Modular makes no difference in cable management.

    Plus, if you're going to run 2 GTX 480's and all of these drives you're going to use those cables!
  8. Best answer
    amuffin said:
    A corsair HX750 would be the most optimal choice. It can output up to 900W, regardless of this 750W will be fine for all of your needs.

    900W total, but it only puts out 744 on the 12V rail. That said, if you're willing to pay top dollar, Corsair HX series would be the one to choose (probably one of the best options on NCIX). If you're looking to spend a little less, the XFX is on par in both quality and efficiency, but also puts out a little less than the HX (the XFX would be my choice). Skip the Antecs, as they're much less efficient (and therefore hotter).
  9. Best answer selected by hrath.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies DVD Drives Computers Intel i7 CD-Rom Hard Drives Components Product