RMA CPU Protection Needed

Azrael_

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Hi, im going to RMA my motherboard and since I do not have something where to keep my CPU I would like some tips on how I should I keep it safe. Thanks.
- Jerry

Solution
Anti-static bag + put it in a safe location where it will not get crushed by something/someone.

If I were in your situation, I would securely tape the anti-static bag with the CPU in it inside the computer case and close it up until the motherboard comes back.

Azrael_

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012

Yes, I was going to do so, but I lost the plastic container, sorry I forgot to specify it. Im new to this.

No big deal. Just turn it over and put the metal smooth side down on a table or in a box. Put the pin side up. Put a box or something over it so it doesn't get dusty.

InvalidError

Titan
Anti-static bag + put it in a safe location where it will not get crushed by something/someone.

If I were in your situation, I would securely tape the anti-static bag with the CPU in it inside the computer case and close it up until the motherboard comes back.

Solution

Azrael_

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
Thank you guys alot. I'm going to put it in the anti-static bag, then safely putting it in a closed box. I'm surprised how quick it was to get alot of helpful answers.