Sign in with
Your question

My new build

Last response: in Systems
May 9, 2012 4:47:57 PM

Hey guys, just wanted your input on my first build. If this were your PC, what would you add or change?
The pc cost me around $1100 after everything. I'm very new to building and wanted you vets to give me grade and advice on how to make it better.

AMD Phenom II X6 1045T with stock CPU FAN
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A88T-M
XFX Radeon HD 6870
Windows 7 64 bit
4096 MB Corsair 9 @ 667 MHz
4096 MB Patriot Memory 9 @ 667 MHz
120GB SSD OCZ-Agilityy3
2TB seagate barracuda
Cooler Master Elite 430 - with 5 additonal fans
Lite DVD burner
Samsung Bluray player
4-Fan Controller
OCZ- 650w PSU
Memory Card reader

I've really enjoyed my build but i'm always trying to make improvements..

More about : build

May 9, 2012 5:04:50 PM

rahulwalia16 said:
Hey guys, just wanted your input on my first build. If this were your PC, what would you add or change?
The pc cost me around $1100 after everything. I'm very new to building and wanted you vets to give me grade and advice on how to make it better.

AMD Phenom II X6 1045T with stock CPU FAN
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A88T-M
XFX Radeon HD 6870
Windows 7 64 bit
4096 MB Patriot Memory 9 @ 667 MHz
120GB SSD OCZ-Agilityy3
2TB seagate barracuda
Cooler Master Elite 430 - with 5 additonal fans
Lite DVD burner
Samsung Bluray player
4-Fan Controller
OCZ- 650w PSU
Memory Card reader

I've really enjoyed my build but i'm always trying to make improvements..

*note* when i originally started this build it was suppose to be a HTPC but i went a little over board lol
m
l
May 9, 2012 5:10:51 PM

Nice build but imo heres a few improvements, not sure if you already build or not...
Drop the 4-fan controller unless you are planning on sleeping with it in your room with it on, i also go one on my first build but realized i never used it after about a month lol
Upgrade your CPU fan...can be done for around 50 bucks but very worth it, also if you do this you should be able to buy a cpu without a stock fan for a little cheaper.
PSU is enough for current build but very lil wiggle room for sli/crossfire upgrade although motherboard cant handle sli/cF upgrade either.
your buying a SATA III SSD yet your motherboard has only SATA II difference is 3gb transfer rate on II 6GB on III

m
l
Related resources
May 9, 2012 5:16:39 PM

Yeah its already been built.. A couple months back, i made the mistake of buying a barebones kit which included my processor,motherboard, and a crappy case that i dont even use. I totally regret buying the barebones kit but figured, i'd make the most of it. I will definitely look into replacing my stock CPU fan and would it be a hassel if i just replaced my motherboard completely? It would probably require me to reconfigure everything, right?
m
l
May 9, 2012 5:20:19 PM

yea to replace the MB you need to enure the memory and CPU/socket is supported, keep in mind most mid-higher end boards will require ddr3 mem...i know it sucks ref your SSD having all that potential but unable to unlock it lol
m
l
May 9, 2012 5:37:52 PM

i know haha.. i knew it was backwards compatible and one day i would upgrade my motherboard, so i figured what the heck, might as well get that one haha..Any mobo recommendations?
m
l
!