Conroe Availible at 3PM

chewbenator

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
Very vague. Looks like they are going to summarize the official Core 2 Duo launch in Silicon Valley to hype it up and get people to buy from them. Doesn't say anything about being able to purchase them, just that you will know why you would want to purchase one.

Leto_Atreides

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2006
Very vague. Looks like they are going to summarize the official Core 2 Duo launch in Silicon Valley to hype it up and get people to buy from them. Doesn't say anything about being able to purchase them, just that you will know why you would want to purchase one.

You're possibly right, but would be hot if we can get them tomorrow.

garnin

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006

Wow, that level of homo-ness might just get them in the dog-house with everyone ever planning to build a conroe system. I certainly hope they're not trying to shoot themselves in the foot that badly.

The_Abyss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Thank god. Now people can get these and STFU about it. Were AMD buyers like this before FX51 or FX60?

Nope, but they weren't as revolutionary nor eagerly anticipated and only fulfilled a tiny part of the enthusiasts market. Core 2 Duo of course covers the entire market place.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Thank god. Now people can get these and STFU about it. Were AMD buyers like this before FX51 or FX60?

Nope, but they weren't as revolutionary nor eagerly anticipated and only fulfilled a tiny part of the enthusiasts market. Core 2 Duo of course covers the entire market place.

That's true but they repesented the X2 flagship which admittedly was as much as a GHz faster than PD. The 2.2 X2 was doing some damage to 3.2 PD.

This time it's only a few hundred MHz in real world usage. With the linear scaling X2 showed in Anands tests, a 3.2-3.4 FX would do battle with or even MAYBE eclipse Core 2 Extreme.

I am excited though about Core 2 especially if I can my IT dept to get some and GET RID OF THE CURRENT HyperThreaded OptiCrap I have to use as a base machine.

I will be monitoring Dell ALL DAY since I took the day off, but then they said not until the actual release which is supposed to happen at 3AM from the last I heard.

Oh well.