My Computer open in search

Hi, when I left click My Computer icon it goes to search instead of open ,
I believe it was not like that before .
Please correct me if I'm Wrong .
Let me explain better if I can:
I left click or double click lets say My Documents or any other folder and
the folder will open and show the content.
Now when I single click or double click My Computer it open in search
instead of opening the content.
I think it was not like that before, Any Ideas?
Thanks. LG.
3 answers Last reply
More about computer open search

    My Computer or for folders and drives?

    This problem occurs when you alter the "File Folders" entries via File Types dialog, to add a "Command Prompt here" or "Print Directory" feature for folders. (example)

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

    Click Start/Run and type this command to fix this problem:
    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    (Courtesy of David Candy)

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "L.G." <lig1948@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O%23qRj3z4EHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
    Hi, when I left click My Computer icon it goes to search instead of open ,
    I believe it was not like that before .
    Please correct me if I'm Wrong .
    Let me explain better if I can:
    I left click or double click lets say My Documents or any other folder and
    the folder will open and show the content.
    Now when I single click or double click My Computer it open in search
    instead of opening the content.
    I think it was not like that before, Any Ideas?
    Thanks. LG.

    Thank you very much Ramesh .
    It got fixed , Thanks again
    LG.

[...]

    You're welcome LG.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "L.G." <lig1948@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eiRJD454EHA.924@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    Thank you very much Ramesh .
    It got fixed , Thanks again
    LG.

    My Computer or for folders and drives?

    This problem occurs when you alter the "File Folders" entries via File Types
    dialog, to add a "Command Prompt here" or "Print Directory" feature for
    folders. (example)

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

    Click Start/Run and type this command to fix this problem:
    regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

    (Courtesy of David Candy)

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

Configuration Computers Microsoft Customization Windows XP