My Computer open in search

December 16, 2004 5:07:33 AM

Hi, when I left click My Computer icon it goes to search instead of open ,
I believe it was not like that before .
Please correct me if I'm Wrong .
Let me explain better if I can:
I left click or double click lets say My Documents or any other folder and
the folder will open and show the content.
Now when I single click or double click My Computer it open in search
instead of opening the content.
I think it was not like that before, Any Ideas?
Thanks. LG.

More about : computer open search

Anonymous
December 16, 2004 5:29:59 PM

My Computer or for folders and drives?

This problem occurs when you alter the "File Folders" entries via File Types dialog, to add a "Command Prompt here" or "Print Directory" feature for folders. (example)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321186

Click Start/Run and type this command to fix this problem:
regsvr32 /i shell32.dll

(Courtesy of David Candy)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"L.G." <lig1948@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:o %23qRj3z4EHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
Hi, when I left click My Computer icon it goes to search instead of open ,
I believe it was not like that before .
Please correct me if I'm Wrong .
Let me explain better if I can:
I left click or double click lets say My Documents or any other folder and
the folder will open and show the content.
Now when I single click or double click My Computer it open in search
instead of opening the content.
I think it was not like that before, Any Ideas?
Thanks. LG.
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 5:30:00 PM

Thank you very much Ramesh .

[...]