Sign in with
Your question

Help hooking up tv

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 6, 2012 5:27:30 PM

This might sound dumb, but it's kicking my butt. I bought a new tv and am putting my 42" Dynex in my bedroom. I don't have a cable box in there, but I do have "basic cable". I hooked everything up (power cord and coax) and the screen is blue and says no signal. Yes I have it to TV. I pulled the cable off of the TV and hooked it to my computer which has a tuner card, and I can watch TV just fine. The TV was previoiusly hooked up with a coax. Why won't it work now? Is there some sort of reset I need to do with the TV??

More about : hooking

a b x TV
March 6, 2012 5:30:14 PM

You might need to rescan for channels.

-Wolf sends
m
l
March 6, 2012 7:12:26 PM

I might be a million miles off but heres a dumb question for you..
Did you hook everything up before you powered up your tv?
I only ask because I recently tried to connect my laptop to tv using hdmi lead and it said "no signal" so I turned everything off and then rebooted my laptop and the tv. (I left the cable plugged in) It now works perfectly.
m
l
Related resources
March 6, 2012 7:19:26 PM

Here in CT The cable company (optimum) encodes all channels. You need the box to get even channel 8, or you need to get an antenna. If your company does not encode all chanels you may have to go to the TV option and setg the input for Air or Cable. Then you have to scan for channels.
m
l
March 6, 2012 8:43:54 PM

Yeah I figured the channels would be blocked when it scanned, so I went into the menu and unlocked them. There is another TV in another room that is only connected with coax, and it works fine. Still nothing. I did shut everything off and turn it back on but no luck. Still kicking my butt.
m
l
!