Disable user access to shadow copies previous versions

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Is there a Group Policy or registry change that will disable a users ability
to "view previous versions" of a share that have shadow copies available?
We want to limit restoring of previous versions to only the approriate
administrators and users support personel.

Thanks
Rob
2 answers Last reply
More about disable user access shadow copies previous versions

    Description of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP (Q304040):
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q304/0/40.ASP
    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    marfers notes for windows xp
    "msnews.microsoft.com" <List@mcshinsky.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a Group Policy or registry change that will disable a users
    > ability to "view previous versions" of a share that have shadow copies
    > available? We want to limit restoring of previous versions to only the
    > approriate administrators and users support personel.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Rob

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Does anyone know the answer to the question posted below?

    "msnews.microsoft.com" wrote:

    > Is there a Group Policy or registry change that will disable a users ability
    > to "view previous versions" of a share that have shadow copies available?
    > We want to limit restoring of previous versions to only the approriate
    > administrators and users support personel.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Rob

Configuration Support Microsoft Customization Windows XP