Disable user access to shadow copies previous versions

December 16, 2004 11:20:11 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Is there a Group Policy or registry change that will disable a users ability
to "view previous versions" of a share that have shadow copies available?
We want to limit restoring of previous versions to only the approriate
administrators and users support personel.

Thanks
Rob
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 12:49:24 PM

Description of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP (Q304040):
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q304/0...
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
marfers notes for windows xp
"msnews.microsoft.com" <List@mcshinsky.com> wrote in message
> Is there a Group Policy or registry change that will disable a users
> ability to "view previous versions" of a share that have shadow copies
> available? We want to limit restoring of previous versions to only the
> approriate administrators and users support personel.
>
> Thanks
> Rob

May 12, 2005 8:12:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Does anyone know the answer to the question posted below?

!