Disable user access to shadow copies previous versions

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Is there a Group Policy or registry change that will disable a users ability
to "view previous versions" of a share that have shadow copies available?
We want to limit restoring of previous versions to only the approriate
administrators and users support personel.

Thanks
Rob

Description of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP (Q304040):
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q304/0/40.ASP
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
marfers notes for windows xp
"msnews.microsoft.com" <List@mcshinsky.com> wrote in message
> Is there a Group Policy or registry change that will disable a users
> ability to "view previous versions" of a share that have shadow copies
> available? We want to limit restoring of previous versions to only the
> approriate administrators and users support personel.
>
> Thanks
> Rob

slam

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Does anyone know the answer to the question posted below?