Moniter and Keyboard not powering up

TomPaine

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Recently put together a new custom build desktop and after a few months of unproblematic usage I turned it on and whilst powering on itself, none of the VGAs or USBs would work anymore.

After some consideration I had the mobo replaced and it worked for a day or two. The problem has started again however this time, the moniter works sometimes and then turns off during bootup, the mouse always connects now, and the keyboard sometimes connects. I have a feeling the mobo isnt getting the needed power. These are my stats:

AMD Phenom II X4 Processor 3.0 GHz
MSI 970A-G45-AM3
EVGA Nvidia GTX550Ti 1GB 192-Bit Graphics Card
8GB RAM
500GB HDD
1 DVD Drive
Cooler Master 460Watt PSU

(Just did a little test myself, I unplugged all USB and port based accesories on the comp leaving only mouse, keyboard and Moniter plugged in on boot up and the comp has started up!) Anyway, would appreciate your sage advice community before I do run out and buy a better PSU.

Sounds like your PSU is going bad. CM isn't known for high quality PSU's especially in the 400-500 watt range. I'd recommend replacing it with a PSU from a known quality brand, like Corsair, Seasonic, Antec, PCP&C, or Enermax, in the 500-600 watt range.

TomPaine

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012

Audio jack to sound system, Audio jack to headset, ipod charger, blackberry charger, wireless adapter, external HDD.

TomPaine

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Okay, after replacing PSU with a more powerful model, the problem has happened again with a vengeance. No USBs or VGAs are working off the motherboard AGAIN. I replaced the motherboard only a week ago after this happened before. Any ideas on what else this could be?

Could you give us the make, model and specs of the new PSU? That will help us help you.