Sign in with
Your question

Three monitors one video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 6, 2012 7:15:38 PM

Hello,
Anyone know how to run 3 moitors in windows 7 with a Radeon HD 6750 Card? The box says that it supports upto 3 displays but I can only get 2 to work at any one time

More about : monitors video card

a c 157 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
March 6, 2012 7:17:50 PM

It's called an Eyefinity set up. One monitor must be connected to the DisplayPort of your graphics card; either natively (your monitor has a diplayport input) or through the use of a displayport adapter.

If you are already utilizing such a set up, check in Catalyst Control Center to see if there is a setting to enable Eyefinity.

-Wolf sends

Edit: Specifically which HD6750 did you purchase? Could you provide a link?
m
l
Related resources
March 6, 2012 7:33:35 PM

Active Display port adapters are at the very least 80$. They MUST come with USB or external power supply. 99% of the so called active adapters create latency or are actualy passive china brand junk.
m
l
March 6, 2012 7:39:12 PM

jerseygamer said:
Active Display port adapters are at the very least 80$. They MUST come with USB or external power supply. 99% of the so called active adapters create latency or are actualy passive china brand junk.

I am using an active adapter now to run my third monitor and it doesn't have a usb or external power supply ;) 

And, mine cost me around $30 as mentioned.

Works fine.
m
l
March 7, 2012 7:32:06 AM

jerseygamer said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but my recent investigations into Eyefinity and 3D suggest that, if you have a 120Hz monitor, you will need dual link, if however, you're using a 60hz at 1080p then single link will suffice. So passive 3D on eyefinity, you use single, active (3d vision) you need dual.

m
l
March 7, 2012 7:41:13 PM

I am indeed running at 60Hz and 1080p so that part would hold true.
m
l
!