kingsham

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: within the next 2 weeks
Budget Range:350-375

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Music Production, basic school work and internet

Parts Not Required: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com tigerdirect.com

Parts Preferences: by brand or type AMD or intel processor...ASUS motherboard...dont know much about other brands

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: no clue as to what that is

Monitor Resolution: n/a

Additional Comments: Using my existing hard drives, case and power supply. Will be used for music production.

Solution
CPU: intel i5 3450/$200
MB: BIOSTAR TZ77B/$100
RAM: G.SKILL Value Series 4GB/$20
GPU: use integrated video on i5 processor
Optical drive: Asus 24x OEM/$18
Sound card: you'll need this if your doing music production. But I'm not sure on what kind. Maybe you can pick this out?
HD,PSU,Case: you have all that

Grand total: $338+sound card

Some notes...If you're wondering why I did not include a video card,that is because I doubt you'll need it. But you have a powerful CPU and decent integrated graphics that will handle pretty much everything except hard core gaming.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck with your build!

andystanley

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
CPU: intel i5 3450/$200
MB: BIOSTAR TZ77B/$100
RAM: G.SKILL Value Series 4GB/$20
GPU: use integrated video on i5 processor
Optical drive: Asus 24x OEM/$18
Sound card: you'll need this if your doing music production. But I'm not sure on what kind. Maybe you can pick this out?
HD,PSU,Case: you have all that

Grand total: $338+sound card

Some notes...If you're wondering why I did not include a video card,that is because I doubt you'll need it. But you have a powerful CPU and decent integrated graphics that will handle pretty much everything except hard core gaming.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good luck with your build!

Solution

kingsham

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Thanks for the help guys. Ill probably use the extra cash to go with 8GB of ram as I already have a optical drive and m-audio audio interface. I might make an upgrade VGA wise if I get a tv to use as a monitor, but some motherboards have the HDMI inputs :)

Any reason for the Intel over the Amd phenom IIx4s and IIx6s

andystanley

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

intel will smoke those phenoms out of the water. Why is it better? intel is pricy but they offer quality. Amd is definately an affordable option but there proccessors are certainly behind intel's. They're best processor is the fx 8150,which is about on par if not a little behind the i5 3570k. If you're smart you'll stick with intel.

cheers!