lummox

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
Hi guys

I recently purchased a new system and it has a random BSOD. How can I fix it without having to take it to a shop?
I put it together and am not sure if i did it right. I have run a few diagnostic tools to see if its heating up and everything seems to be fine. It there any known issues with any of the hardware I am using? The components are listed below. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Intel Core i5 2500K

Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 Motherboard

Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD

LG GH24NS90 24x SATA DVD-RW Drive OEM

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 2GB

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
download blue screen view to view the BSOD details http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

I have noticed some problems running memory at the XMP profile settings on a couple of i5's, if you relax the settings down to 1333 the BSOD may go away. The memory you are running is "not supported" by your motherboard. Per the manufacturers site "CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9" is supported but CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9(B)" is not, but I wouldn't think this would be a game changer. Make sure your memory is seated in the correct slots for using two dimm's at once (1a, and 2a, or the first and third closest to the CPU)

Additionally if you have any overclocks set, return them to normal voltages/frequencies.

Good luck!

lummox

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
hey guys I haven't had any luck with solving the issues with my pc. I have done what dalethepcman said and swapped the ram but it is still bsoding! Anything else? Its really starting to annoy me. You get half way through something and it will bsod! I hate it. I paid 1500 bucks for this build and for it not to work is starting to make me go nuts. Help!